Gucci Mane Sentenced to 39 Months in Jail on Gun Charge
Rapper Gucci Mane has been sentenced to 39 months in jail on gun charges. The sentence, which came on Wednesday, August 20, was a part of an agreement with prosecutors after he pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in May. The rapper, whose real name is Radric Davis, was also sentenced to three years of supervised release with traveling restriction and ordered to pay a $5,000 fine.
"You're a young man. You have a full life before you. ... I see a lot of famous people move outside the line," U.S. District Judge Steve C. Jones told the rapper during the court session, as quoted by Atlanta Journal-Constitution. If he continues breaking the law, "you're going to wake up one morning broke. You're going to wake up one morning back in prison." He has been held under custody for eleven months, so he has 28 more months to go.
During the court meeting, Mane's lawyers asked Jones to suggest that the Bureau of Prisons put him in a facility with drug program, away from negative influence in Atlanta. "He understands he has some work ahead of him and his goal is to bring resolution to this case and get back to performing," said Mane's attorney Drew Findling. "He doesn't want anything to distract him. He wants to do anything to get back to the work place and the work place is the stage."
Mane's latest legal trouble started in September when a friend reported that Mane was carrying a gun while being "agitated." Officers who found him walking down the street said Mane was carrying a small amount of marijuana in addition to a hand gun.
More Gucci Mane News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera