First 'Automata' Trailer Starring Antonio Banderas as Robot Investigator
The first trailer to Antonio Banderas' futuristic thriller "Automata" has arrived. In the Gabe Ibanez film, Banderas stars as an insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation who routinely investigates the case of manipulating a robot.
The trailer takes viewers 50 years into the future where everything is bleak and "artificial intelligence arrives at the same place as human intelligence". Banderas begins to discover another side of the androids when he finds out about a robot altering other robots. His own suspicions propel the mystery, uncovering a truth that is far more complex than the make or model of any machine.
"You're just a machine," Banderas tells one of the robots. "Just machine? That's like saying that you're just an ape," the robot answers. The film features a variety of robots from the junkyard types that have lost their parts to the sleek model with colored hair.
Also starring Dylan McDermott and Melanie Griffith, "Automata" is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters and VOD on October 10.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App