First 'Automata' Trailer Starring Antonio Banderas as Robot Investigator
The first trailer to Antonio Banderas' futuristic thriller "Automata" has arrived. In the Gabe Ibanez film, Banderas stars as an insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation who routinely investigates the case of manipulating a robot.
The trailer takes viewers 50 years into the future where everything is bleak and "artificial intelligence arrives at the same place as human intelligence". Banderas begins to discover another side of the androids when he finds out about a robot altering other robots. His own suspicions propel the mystery, uncovering a truth that is far more complex than the make or model of any machine.
"You're just a machine," Banderas tells one of the robots. "Just machine? That's like saying that you're just an ape," the robot answers. The film features a variety of robots from the junkyard types that have lost their parts to the sleek model with colored hair.
Also starring Dylan McDermott and Melanie Griffith, "Automata" is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters and VOD on October 10.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush