First 'Automata' Trailer Starring Antonio Banderas as Robot Investigator
The first trailer to Antonio Banderas' futuristic thriller "Automata" has arrived. In the Gabe Ibanez film, Banderas stars as an insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation who routinely investigates the case of manipulating a robot.
The trailer takes viewers 50 years into the future where everything is bleak and "artificial intelligence arrives at the same place as human intelligence". Banderas begins to discover another side of the androids when he finds out about a robot altering other robots. His own suspicions propel the mystery, uncovering a truth that is far more complex than the make or model of any machine.
"You're just a machine," Banderas tells one of the robots. "Just machine? That's like saying that you're just an ape," the robot answers. The film features a variety of robots from the junkyard types that have lost their parts to the sleek model with colored hair.
Also starring Dylan McDermott and Melanie Griffith, "Automata" is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters and VOD on October 10.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala