First 'Automata' Trailer Starring Antonio Banderas as Robot Investigator
The first trailer to Antonio Banderas' futuristic thriller "Automata" has arrived. In the Gabe Ibanez film, Banderas stars as an insurance agent of ROC robotics corporation who routinely investigates the case of manipulating a robot.
The trailer takes viewers 50 years into the future where everything is bleak and "artificial intelligence arrives at the same place as human intelligence". Banderas begins to discover another side of the androids when he finds out about a robot altering other robots. His own suspicions propel the mystery, uncovering a truth that is far more complex than the make or model of any machine.
"You're just a machine," Banderas tells one of the robots. "Just machine? That's like saying that you're just an ape," the robot answers. The film features a variety of robots from the junkyard types that have lost their parts to the sleek model with colored hair.
Also starring Dylan McDermott and Melanie Griffith, "Automata" is scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters and VOD on October 10.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival