Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' and 'Masters of Sex' for Season 3
Showtime has given another year to live to "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex". Both sophomore shows are renewed for 12-episode third seasons which will begin production early next year for a premiere later the same year.
"Both 'Ray Donovan' and 'Masters of Sex' are quintessentially Showtime: bold, provocative, premium television with production values at the top of the food chain," says the network president David Nevins. "These acclaimed shows are filled with complex and interesting characters and settings that will no doubt give audiences compelling television to invest in for seasons to come."
"Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex" have received critical acclaims. The former helped its star Jon Voight earn a nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, while the latter nabbed five nominations, including a best actress nom for Lizzy Caplan, at the upcoming 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The show has won one out of the five nods as Allison Janney was named Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series at the Creative Arts ceremony last Saturday, August 16.
Ratings wise, the crime drama led by Liev Schreiber averages 5 million viewers across all platforms, and the sexy drama about two pioneering researchers of human sexuality averages 4 million weekly viewers.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance