Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' and 'Masters of Sex' for Season 3
Showtime has given another year to live to "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex". Both sophomore shows are renewed for 12-episode third seasons which will begin production early next year for a premiere later the same year.
"Both 'Ray Donovan' and 'Masters of Sex' are quintessentially Showtime: bold, provocative, premium television with production values at the top of the food chain," says the network president David Nevins. "These acclaimed shows are filled with complex and interesting characters and settings that will no doubt give audiences compelling television to invest in for seasons to come."
"Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex" have received critical acclaims. The former helped its star Jon Voight earn a nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, while the latter nabbed five nominations, including a best actress nom for Lizzy Caplan, at the upcoming 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The show has won one out of the five nods as Allison Janney was named Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series at the Creative Arts ceremony last Saturday, August 16.
Ratings wise, the crime drama led by Liev Schreiber averages 5 million viewers across all platforms, and the sexy drama about two pioneering researchers of human sexuality averages 4 million weekly viewers.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?