Elizabeth Vargas and Marc Cohn to Divorce Following Her Return to Rehab
Elizabeth Vargas and his husband, Marc Cohn, are reportedly set to end their 12-year marriage. The split reports came after the ABC news reporter announced that she's going to return to a rehabilitation center to treat her alcohol addiction earlier this week.
A source familiar with the situation told PEOPLE, "Marc and Elizabeth are in divorce proceedings. The kids are with him in New York while she seeks treatment." Meanwhile, another source told Us Weekly, "The two are indeed in proceedings, but the divorce is not yet final."
In previous news, Elizabeth issued an apology regarding her second rehab stint, "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down, and for that I am ashamed and sorry. I am committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease and want to thank everyone who has offered their unwavering support during this trying time."
Elizabeth and Marc got married in New York in 2002 after dating for three years. The couple has two children together, 11-year-old Zachary and 8-year-old Samuel. The "20/20" anchor also has two stepchildren from Marc's first marriage.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding