Elizabeth Vargas and Marc Cohn to Divorce Following Her Return to Rehab
Elizabeth Vargas and his husband, Marc Cohn, are reportedly set to end their 12-year marriage. The split reports came after the ABC news reporter announced that she's going to return to a rehabilitation center to treat her alcohol addiction earlier this week.
A source familiar with the situation told PEOPLE, "Marc and Elizabeth are in divorce proceedings. The kids are with him in New York while she seeks treatment." Meanwhile, another source told Us Weekly, "The two are indeed in proceedings, but the divorce is not yet final."
In previous news, Elizabeth issued an apology regarding her second rehab stint, "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down, and for that I am ashamed and sorry. I am committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease and want to thank everyone who has offered their unwavering support during this trying time."
Elizabeth and Marc got married in New York in 2002 after dating for three years. The couple has two children together, 11-year-old Zachary and 8-year-old Samuel. The "20/20" anchor also has two stepchildren from Marc's first marriage.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight