Robin Williams' Ashes Were Scattered in San Francisco Bay
Robin Williams has found his final resting place. According to his death certificate, obtained by Radar Online, the beloved actor's remains were cremated on August 12, one day after he passed away. His ashes then were scattered in the San Francisco Bay. The document also mentions that his cause of death was "pending investigation."
Williams passed away at his home in Tiburon, Calif. at the age of 63. Officials said that the actor, who appeared in "Good Will Hunting", "Dead Poets Society", "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Night at the Museum" among others, was found by an assistant "with a belt secured around his neck." His family said the actor had been battling depression and Parkinson's Disease prior to his death.
In other news, thousands of people have signed an online petition to request that the Waldo Tunnel in San Francisco, which is adorned with a rainbow, to be renamed after the actor. Julie Wainwright, a Marin County, California resident who started the petition on Change.org, wanted to rename the tunnel to Robin Williams to remember "the joy he brought to the world and to bring awareness to the silent illness that eventually took his life."
The petition, which is directed at California Assembly Member Marc Levine, has so far garnered 10,850 signs. Levine has also responded to the news. "I am very interested in this issue and will be exploring it further. Something like this should be done in consultation with Mr. Williams' family. We all want make sure this is the most proper way to honor him," he said, as reported by USA Today.
More Robin Williams News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service