Robin Williams' Ashes Were Scattered in San Francisco Bay
Robin Williams has found his final resting place. According to his death certificate, obtained by Radar Online, the beloved actor's remains were cremated on August 12, one day after he passed away. His ashes then were scattered in the San Francisco Bay. The document also mentions that his cause of death was "pending investigation."
Williams passed away at his home in Tiburon, Calif. at the age of 63. Officials said that the actor, who appeared in "Good Will Hunting", "Dead Poets Society", "Mrs. Doubtfire" and "Night at the Museum" among others, was found by an assistant "with a belt secured around his neck." His family said the actor had been battling depression and Parkinson's Disease prior to his death.
In other news, thousands of people have signed an online petition to request that the Waldo Tunnel in San Francisco, which is adorned with a rainbow, to be renamed after the actor. Julie Wainwright, a Marin County, California resident who started the petition on Change.org, wanted to rename the tunnel to Robin Williams to remember "the joy he brought to the world and to bring awareness to the silent illness that eventually took his life."
The petition, which is directed at California Assembly Member Marc Levine, has so far garnered 10,850 signs. Levine has also responded to the news. "I am very interested in this issue and will be exploring it further. Something like this should be done in consultation with Mr. Williams' family. We all want make sure this is the most proper way to honor him," he said, as reported by USA Today.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2