Jackie Chan Breaks Silence Following Son Jaycee's Drug Arrest
Jackie Chan broke silence over his son Jaycee Chan, who was detained in Beijing, China last week for drug related charges. The "Around the World in 80 Days" actor released a statement on his official website on Wednesday, August 20.
Jackie wrote, "First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for your care and concerns. The recent news about my son, Jaycee, is very shocking and the impact it has caused on society is heartbreaking. When I first heard the news, I was absolutely enraged. As a public figure, I feel very ashamed; as his dad, I'm very sad and disappointed. But the person who feels heartbroken the most is his mom."
"I hope our younger generation will learn from Jaycee's mistake and stay far away from drug abuse," the "Rush Hour 3" star continued, "I would like to take this opportunity and say to Jaycee: you've done something wrong and you have to be responsible for the consequences. I'm your dad and I'll always be with you. We will face the road ahead of us together."
Jackie, who was an anti-drug ambassador for China in 2009, then apologized on behalf of his son, saying, "I should also take some of this responsibility because as his dad, I didn't teach him well. Therefore, on behalf of Jaycee and myself, I extend our deepest apologies to everyone for the negative impact this has caused on society. Thank you."
In previous news, Jaycee and Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko were detained after police said they tested positive for marijuana and admitted to using the drug. Police discovered 100 grams of the illegal drug at Jaycee's house and he was also charged for "providing a shelter for others to use drug."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame