Emma Stone Officially Announced as Sally Bowles in 'Cabaret'
It has now become official that Emma Stone will be a part of the "Cabaret" cast. Earlier this month, the 25-year-old actress was touted to be Michelle Williams' replacement as Sally Bowles in the Broadway revival.
Roundabout Theatre Company said on Wednesday, August 20 that Stone would make her Broadway debut starting November 11 as Williams bowed down two days earlier. Stone will remain committed to the Studio 54 production up to February 1, 2015.
At the same time, it was announced that the original cast Alan Cumming, Linda Emond and Danny Burstein have been re-upped through March 29, 2015.
Stone was actually one of the original candidates for Sally in the third Broadway revival but scheduling conflicts prevented her from taking the role. The "Magic in the Moonlight" star has "Birdman" coming out on October 17.
More Emma Stone News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor