Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and More Join 'Jungle Book: Origins' as the Animals
Just a day after Benedict Cumberbatch's casting in "Jungle Book: Origins" was announced, Warner Bros. unveiled the rest of the voice cast. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Naomie Harris, Tom Hollander, Eddie Marsan and Peter Mullan are joining the Ruyard Kipling short stories adaptation as the animal characters.
Bale will voice the panther Bagheera, while movie's director Andy Serkis will voice Baloo the bear. Blanchett is to give voice to the python Kaa, Harris is the female wolf Nisha, Hollander is jackal Tabaqui, Marsan is male wolf Vihaan while Mullan is the wolves' leader Akela. Cumberbatch was previously announced as the voice of man-eating tiger Shere Khan.
Meanwhile, Rohan Chand is cast as the only human character in the film, Mowgli. Chand is known as the young actor who starred opposite Jason Bateman in 2013's "Bad Words". He also had minor roles in "Lone Survivor" and "The Hundred-Foot Journey".
The script was written by Callie Kloves, whose father Steve Kloves wrote seven of the "Harry Potter" films. Jon Berg and Cate Adams are overseeing the pic for the studio.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?