Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and More Join 'Jungle Book: Origins' as the Animals
Just a day after Benedict Cumberbatch's casting in "Jungle Book: Origins" was announced, Warner Bros. unveiled the rest of the voice cast. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Naomie Harris, Tom Hollander, Eddie Marsan and Peter Mullan are joining the Ruyard Kipling short stories adaptation as the animal characters.
Bale will voice the panther Bagheera, while movie's director Andy Serkis will voice Baloo the bear. Blanchett is to give voice to the python Kaa, Harris is the female wolf Nisha, Hollander is jackal Tabaqui, Marsan is male wolf Vihaan while Mullan is the wolves' leader Akela. Cumberbatch was previously announced as the voice of man-eating tiger Shere Khan.
Meanwhile, Rohan Chand is cast as the only human character in the film, Mowgli. Chand is known as the young actor who starred opposite Jason Bateman in 2013's "Bad Words". He also had minor roles in "Lone Survivor" and "The Hundred-Foot Journey".
The script was written by Callie Kloves, whose father Steve Kloves wrote seven of the "Harry Potter" films. Jon Berg and Cate Adams are overseeing the pic for the studio.
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer