Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and More Join 'Jungle Book: Origins' as the Animals
Just a day after Benedict Cumberbatch's casting in "Jungle Book: Origins" was announced, Warner Bros. unveiled the rest of the voice cast. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Naomie Harris, Tom Hollander, Eddie Marsan and Peter Mullan are joining the Ruyard Kipling short stories adaptation as the animal characters.
Bale will voice the panther Bagheera, while movie's director Andy Serkis will voice Baloo the bear. Blanchett is to give voice to the python Kaa, Harris is the female wolf Nisha, Hollander is jackal Tabaqui, Marsan is male wolf Vihaan while Mullan is the wolves' leader Akela. Cumberbatch was previously announced as the voice of man-eating tiger Shere Khan.
Meanwhile, Rohan Chand is cast as the only human character in the film, Mowgli. Chand is known as the young actor who starred opposite Jason Bateman in 2013's "Bad Words". He also had minor roles in "Lone Survivor" and "The Hundred-Foot Journey".
The script was written by Callie Kloves, whose father Steve Kloves wrote seven of the "Harry Potter" films. Jon Berg and Cate Adams are overseeing the pic for the studio.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent