Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj Set to Open 2014 MTV VMAs
The opener at the 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards is officially announced. Jessie J is confirmed to kick off the prize-giving show with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, delivering their collaborative single "Bang Bang" on August 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
On top of that, a music video for the new single is confirmed to premiere immediately after at BangBang.mtv.com. "It's me starting a street party that Ariana is then going to attend, and then Nicki turns up on an amazing type of transport, that I won't give away," she previously teased.
Besides announcing the opening performers, MTV reveals Gwen Stefani and Kim Kardashian as the new additions to the presenter lineup. They join previously-confirmed stars like Demi Lovato, Lorde, Nina Dobrev, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, and many more.
Beyonce Knowles will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award which was handed to Justin Timberlake last year. She is also among musical guests which include Taylor Swift, Usher, Maroon 5, Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, and Sam Smith.
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce