Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj Set to Open 2014 MTV VMAs
The opener at the 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards is officially announced. Jessie J is confirmed to kick off the prize-giving show with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, delivering their collaborative single "Bang Bang" on August 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
On top of that, a music video for the new single is confirmed to premiere immediately after at BangBang.mtv.com. "It's me starting a street party that Ariana is then going to attend, and then Nicki turns up on an amazing type of transport, that I won't give away," she previously teased.
Besides announcing the opening performers, MTV reveals Gwen Stefani and Kim Kardashian as the new additions to the presenter lineup. They join previously-confirmed stars like Demi Lovato, Lorde, Nina Dobrev, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, and many more.
Beyonce Knowles will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award which was handed to Justin Timberlake last year. She is also among musical guests which include Taylor Swift, Usher, Maroon 5, Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, and Sam Smith.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered