Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj Set to Open 2014 MTV VMAs
The opener at the 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards is officially announced. Jessie J is confirmed to kick off the prize-giving show with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, delivering their collaborative single "Bang Bang" on August 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
On top of that, a music video for the new single is confirmed to premiere immediately after at BangBang.mtv.com. "It's me starting a street party that Ariana is then going to attend, and then Nicki turns up on an amazing type of transport, that I won't give away," she previously teased.
Besides announcing the opening performers, MTV reveals Gwen Stefani and Kim Kardashian as the new additions to the presenter lineup. They join previously-confirmed stars like Demi Lovato, Lorde, Nina Dobrev, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, and many more.
Beyonce Knowles will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award which was handed to Justin Timberlake last year. She is also among musical guests which include Taylor Swift, Usher, Maroon 5, Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, and Sam Smith.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked