Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj Set to Open 2014 MTV VMAs
The opener at the 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards is officially announced. Jessie J is confirmed to kick off the prize-giving show with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, delivering their collaborative single "Bang Bang" on August 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.
On top of that, a music video for the new single is confirmed to premiere immediately after at BangBang.mtv.com. "It's me starting a street party that Ariana is then going to attend, and then Nicki turns up on an amazing type of transport, that I won't give away," she previously teased.
Besides announcing the opening performers, MTV reveals Gwen Stefani and Kim Kardashian as the new additions to the presenter lineup. They join previously-confirmed stars like Demi Lovato, Lorde, Nina Dobrev, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, and many more.
Beyonce Knowles will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award which was handed to Justin Timberlake last year. She is also among musical guests which include Taylor Swift, Usher, Maroon 5, Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora, and Sam Smith.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App