'19 Kids and Counting' Star Jill Duggar Pregnant Two Months After Wedding
Jill Duggar who is now a Dillard is having a bun in the over, eight weeks after tying the knot with her beau Derick Dillard. The second daughter to TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" couple Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar announces her pregnancy on the latest issue of PEOPLE where she graces the cover with her hubby.
"We're having a baby!" the mom-to-be gushes. "We are so excited." She found out that she's expecting her first child after taking one of her mom pregnancy tests at her sisters' advice. It was a pleasant surprise for the couple since she previously took her own tests and they all came back negative. "It was surreal," Derick says. "We were shocked. Both of us are so excited."
The newlyweds broke the news to her family during a visit a month after the wedding. "About 30 days after Jill and Derick got married they gathered everyone in the living room and shared the news," her father Jim Bob, 49, recalled. "Everyone was clapping and cheering, and we were in shock, too."
Jill and Derick met through Jim in 2013. "When my dad first introduced Derick and I, we spent hours texting, calling, and talking on Skype," Jill said when announcing their engagement in April. "We knew within days that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together."
They tied the knot at the Cross Church in Sprindale, Arkansas on June 21 in front of 1,000 guests of family and friends. They reportedly always had a chaperone on their dates due to the family's strict rules. They waited until their engagement to hold hands and saved their first kiss for their wedding. "It was worth the wait," the blushing bride said back then.
Jill, the fourth-oldest of the 19 Duggar children, is the second to start a family of their own. Her sister Jessa will soon follow as she just announced her engagement with boyfriend Ben Seewald. Their older brother Josh has three children with his wife Anna.
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24