'19 Kids and Counting' Star Jill Duggar Pregnant Two Months After Wedding
Jill Duggar who is now a Dillard is having a bun in the over, eight weeks after tying the knot with her beau Derick Dillard. The second daughter to TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" couple Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar announces her pregnancy on the latest issue of PEOPLE where she graces the cover with her hubby.
"We're having a baby!" the mom-to-be gushes. "We are so excited." She found out that she's expecting her first child after taking one of her mom pregnancy tests at her sisters' advice. It was a pleasant surprise for the couple since she previously took her own tests and they all came back negative. "It was surreal," Derick says. "We were shocked. Both of us are so excited."
The newlyweds broke the news to her family during a visit a month after the wedding. "About 30 days after Jill and Derick got married they gathered everyone in the living room and shared the news," her father Jim Bob, 49, recalled. "Everyone was clapping and cheering, and we were in shock, too."
Jill and Derick met through Jim in 2013. "When my dad first introduced Derick and I, we spent hours texting, calling, and talking on Skype," Jill said when announcing their engagement in April. "We knew within days that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together."
They tied the knot at the Cross Church in Sprindale, Arkansas on June 21 in front of 1,000 guests of family and friends. They reportedly always had a chaperone on their dates due to the family's strict rules. They waited until their engagement to hold hands and saved their first kiss for their wedding. "It was worth the wait," the blushing bride said back then.
Jill, the fourth-oldest of the 19 Duggar children, is the second to start a family of their own. Her sister Jessa will soon follow as she just announced her engagement with boyfriend Ben Seewald. Their older brother Josh has three children with his wife Anna.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?