'19 Kids and Counting' Star Jill Duggar Pregnant Two Months After Wedding
Jill Duggar who is now a Dillard is having a bun in the over, eight weeks after tying the knot with her beau Derick Dillard. The second daughter to TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" couple Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar announces her pregnancy on the latest issue of PEOPLE where she graces the cover with her hubby.
"We're having a baby!" the mom-to-be gushes. "We are so excited." She found out that she's expecting her first child after taking one of her mom pregnancy tests at her sisters' advice. It was a pleasant surprise for the couple since she previously took her own tests and they all came back negative. "It was surreal," Derick says. "We were shocked. Both of us are so excited."
The newlyweds broke the news to her family during a visit a month after the wedding. "About 30 days after Jill and Derick got married they gathered everyone in the living room and shared the news," her father Jim Bob, 49, recalled. "Everyone was clapping and cheering, and we were in shock, too."
Jill and Derick met through Jim in 2013. "When my dad first introduced Derick and I, we spent hours texting, calling, and talking on Skype," Jill said when announcing their engagement in April. "We knew within days that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together."
They tied the knot at the Cross Church in Sprindale, Arkansas on June 21 in front of 1,000 guests of family and friends. They reportedly always had a chaperone on their dates due to the family's strict rules. They waited until their engagement to hold hands and saved their first kiss for their wedding. "It was worth the wait," the blushing bride said back then.
Jill, the fourth-oldest of the 19 Duggar children, is the second to start a family of their own. Her sister Jessa will soon follow as she just announced her engagement with boyfriend Ben Seewald. Their older brother Josh has three children with his wife Anna.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers