Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage to Share Stage in Off-Broadway Play
Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage will spend "A Month in the Country". Both actors, who earned a nomination each at the upcoming Primetime Emmy Awards, are set to star in the revival of Ivan Turgenev's comedy of manners.
The play is set on a country estate in 1840s Russia. Schilling, who toplines Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black", will portray Natalya, the bored wife of an older landowner, who falls for a younger man, her son's tutor. "Game of Thrones" star Dinklage, meanwhile, is cast as her long-suffering friend Mikhail Rakitin who adores Natalya.
The play will be produced off-Broadway at Classic Stage Company and directed by Dinklage's wife, Erica Schmidt. The play begins preview on January 9, 2015 at the East Village venue, with a limited engagement scheduled through February 15.
The production will mark Schilling's NYC stage debut and Dinklage's first theater performance since he appeared in Ethan Hawke-directed play "Things We Want" in 2007.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'