Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage to Share Stage in Off-Broadway Play
Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage will spend "A Month in the Country". Both actors, who earned a nomination each at the upcoming Primetime Emmy Awards, are set to star in the revival of Ivan Turgenev's comedy of manners.
The play is set on a country estate in 1840s Russia. Schilling, who toplines Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black", will portray Natalya, the bored wife of an older landowner, who falls for a younger man, her son's tutor. "Game of Thrones" star Dinklage, meanwhile, is cast as her long-suffering friend Mikhail Rakitin who adores Natalya.
The play will be produced off-Broadway at Classic Stage Company and directed by Dinklage's wife, Erica Schmidt. The play begins preview on January 9, 2015 at the East Village venue, with a limited engagement scheduled through February 15.
The production will mark Schilling's NYC stage debut and Dinklage's first theater performance since he appeared in Ethan Hawke-directed play "Things We Want" in 2007.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?