Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage to Share Stage in Off-Broadway Play
Taylor Schilling and Peter Dinklage will spend "A Month in the Country". Both actors, who earned a nomination each at the upcoming Primetime Emmy Awards, are set to star in the revival of Ivan Turgenev's comedy of manners.
The play is set on a country estate in 1840s Russia. Schilling, who toplines Netflix's "Orange Is the New Black", will portray Natalya, the bored wife of an older landowner, who falls for a younger man, her son's tutor. "Game of Thrones" star Dinklage, meanwhile, is cast as her long-suffering friend Mikhail Rakitin who adores Natalya.
The play will be produced off-Broadway at Classic Stage Company and directed by Dinklage's wife, Erica Schmidt. The play begins preview on January 9, 2015 at the East Village venue, with a limited engagement scheduled through February 15.
The production will mark Schilling's NYC stage debut and Dinklage's first theater performance since he appeared in Ethan Hawke-directed play "Things We Want" in 2007.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story