Casey Kasem to Be Buried in Norway Despite Family's Objection
Casey Kasem apparently eventually will be buried thousands miles away from home. Two months after his death in a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington, his body will be buried in Norway as requested by his widow Jean Kasem. According to The Hollywood Reporter, authorities in the country have decided to grant her wish although Casey's children begged them not to let the body be buried in the European country.
Earlier on Tuesday, August 19 a spokesperson for the Norwegian funeral service agency Wenche Madsen Eriksson said that Jean had submitted a formal request to bury the radio icon in Norway, citing her Norwegian heritage. Eriksson also said that Jean planned to move to the country later this year and that she would visit him.
Casey's children responded by writing a letter asking the authorities to deny her request. "As beautiful as your country is, our father has never spoken of any desire to be buried in Norway either to us or to his friends," the letter read. "In fact, it was the opposite. Casey wanted to be buried in his hometown of Los Angeles, California, his home of over 53 years. We beg you, to please decline the request of Jean Kasem and her daughter Liberty to bury Casey Kasem in Norway."
Norwegian newspaper VG then told Eriksson that Jean's own nephew Herbert Thompson denied that she has Norwegian heritage and that there are no proofs that she is moving to the country in the near future. When asked about it, Eriksson said, "It was a matter of trust [between us and Jean Kasem]. Clearly, we cannot dig up the body again if she doesn't move to Norway."
Eriksson suggested that the former host of "American Top 40" to be buried in Oslo's Western Cemetery which serves as final resting place to World War II veterans and popular figures, the newspaper additionally reported.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!