Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing a Man
Jennifer Hudson's half-brother reportedly had a run-in with the law. According to TMZ, the singer/actress' half-brother who is called Steven Simpson has been arrested after he allegedly stabbed a man in the face repeatedly. The man apparently is having a romantic relationship with his wife.
Simpson now is put under custody in Paw Paw, Michigan. He is expected to be charged with home invasion and attempted murder.
Hudson previously lost three family members in a tragic shooting. Her sister Julia's estranged husband William Balfour killed her mother Darnell Donerson, brother Jason and 7-year-old nephew Julian King. Balfour received three consecutive life sentence for his action.
"There would be no point in faith if it wasn't tested. My mother always told me no matter how negative your life seems to be, you must always look for a positive," she said of the painful experience in an interview with U.K.'s The Guardian last month. "I have definitely seen the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows. You don't know how strong you are until you are placed in that kind of moment."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video