Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing a Man
Jennifer Hudson's half-brother reportedly had a run-in with the law. According to TMZ, the singer/actress' half-brother who is called Steven Simpson has been arrested after he allegedly stabbed a man in the face repeatedly. The man apparently is having a romantic relationship with his wife.
Simpson now is put under custody in Paw Paw, Michigan. He is expected to be charged with home invasion and attempted murder.
Hudson previously lost three family members in a tragic shooting. Her sister Julia's estranged husband William Balfour killed her mother Darnell Donerson, brother Jason and 7-year-old nephew Julian King. Balfour received three consecutive life sentence for his action.
"There would be no point in faith if it wasn't tested. My mother always told me no matter how negative your life seems to be, you must always look for a positive," she said of the painful experience in an interview with U.K.'s The Guardian last month. "I have definitely seen the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows. You don't know how strong you are until you are placed in that kind of moment."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie