Calvin Harris Named World's Highest Paid DJ of 2014 by Forbes
Calvin Harris is still the highest-paid DJ in the world. The Scottish producer comes at No. 1 on the list of Electronic Cash Kings released by Forbes on Tuesday, August 19 after making $66 million in the past 12 months, $20 million more than his earnings in 2013.
Since landing at the annual list's top slot last year, Harris has reportedly played over 50 festivals and nightclub gigs. "The rise of dance music has been astronomical in the last three years. I happened to be in the right place at the right time," he said of his latest achievement.
Next on the list, David Guetta takes the runner-up spot with $30 million. Trailing closely behind the French musician are Avicii and DJ Tiesto who made $28 million each. Steve Aoki closes out the top 5 with $23 million.
Forbes' Electronic Cash Kings includes earnings from live shows, merchandise sales and endorsements, as well as recorded music sales and external business ventures. Other highest-earning DJs according to the magazine include Afrojack ($22 million), Zedd ($21 million) and Skrillex ($16.5 million).
- Calvin Harris - $66 million
- David Guetta - $30 million
- Avicii - $28 million
- DJ Tiesto - $28 million
- Steve Aoki - $23 million
- Afrojack - $22 million
- Zedd - $21 million
- Kaskade - $17 million
- Skrillex - $16.5 million
- Deadmau5 - $16 million
More Calvin Harris News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama