Calvin Harris Named World's Highest Paid DJ of 2014 by Forbes
Calvin Harris is still the highest-paid DJ in the world. The Scottish producer comes at No. 1 on the list of Electronic Cash Kings released by Forbes on Tuesday, August 19 after making $66 million in the past 12 months, $20 million more than his earnings in 2013.
Since landing at the annual list's top slot last year, Harris has reportedly played over 50 festivals and nightclub gigs. "The rise of dance music has been astronomical in the last three years. I happened to be in the right place at the right time," he said of his latest achievement.
Next on the list, David Guetta takes the runner-up spot with $30 million. Trailing closely behind the French musician are Avicii and DJ Tiesto who made $28 million each. Steve Aoki closes out the top 5 with $23 million.
Forbes' Electronic Cash Kings includes earnings from live shows, merchandise sales and endorsements, as well as recorded music sales and external business ventures. Other highest-earning DJs according to the magazine include Afrojack ($22 million), Zedd ($21 million) and Skrillex ($16.5 million).
- Calvin Harris - $66 million
- David Guetta - $30 million
- Avicii - $28 million
- DJ Tiesto - $28 million
- Steve Aoki - $23 million
- Afrojack - $22 million
- Zedd - $21 million
- Kaskade - $17 million
- Skrillex - $16.5 million
- Deadmau5 - $16 million
More Calvin Harris News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher