Calvin Harris Named World's Highest Paid DJ of 2014 by Forbes
Calvin Harris is still the highest-paid DJ in the world. The Scottish producer comes at No. 1 on the list of Electronic Cash Kings released by Forbes on Tuesday, August 19 after making $66 million in the past 12 months, $20 million more than his earnings in 2013.
Since landing at the annual list's top slot last year, Harris has reportedly played over 50 festivals and nightclub gigs. "The rise of dance music has been astronomical in the last three years. I happened to be in the right place at the right time," he said of his latest achievement.
Next on the list, David Guetta takes the runner-up spot with $30 million. Trailing closely behind the French musician are Avicii and DJ Tiesto who made $28 million each. Steve Aoki closes out the top 5 with $23 million.
Forbes' Electronic Cash Kings includes earnings from live shows, merchandise sales and endorsements, as well as recorded music sales and external business ventures. Other highest-earning DJs according to the magazine include Afrojack ($22 million), Zedd ($21 million) and Skrillex ($16.5 million).
- Calvin Harris - $66 million
- David Guetta - $30 million
- Avicii - $28 million
- DJ Tiesto - $28 million
- Steve Aoki - $23 million
- Afrojack - $22 million
- Zedd - $21 million
- Kaskade - $17 million
- Skrillex - $16.5 million
- Deadmau5 - $16 million
More Calvin Harris News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked