Jerry O'Connell Develops New Daytime Talk Show, May Replace Queen Latifah
Jerry O'Connell could be the next star who has his own talk show. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the former "Sliders" actor is currently developing a new daytime talk show produced by CBS.
The show, which will have co-hosts and guest stars, is taping at least three test shows this Tuesday and Wednesday (August 19 and 20) at Sunset Bronson Studios in Los Angeles. The show reportedly targets the same heavily female daytime audience as "The Queen Latifah Show".
If the tests go well, the new show will air on the CBS-owned stations starting in September 2015. Words are, O'Connell's talker may replace Queen Latifah's show which has been struggling in ratings.
Sources say the show's performance in its second season this fall will determine whether it will continue or not. CBS Television Distribution has refused to comment on the project in development starring O'Connell, but a spokesperson for Sony Pictures Television which produces Latifah's show denies that her talk show is being bumped out of the 9 A.M. time slot on WCBS-TV in New York City.
"Every element of the show will be elevated for the second season," Sony's spokesperson says in a statement, "giving Queen Latifah an even broader platform to showcase her many talents." Bill Carroll, vp and director of programming for Katz Media Group, shares his opinion, "Queen Latifah's performance so far has been good, not great. And it's going to be tough to improve."
More Jerry O'Connell News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande