Jerry O'Connell Develops New Daytime Talk Show, May Replace Queen Latifah
Jerry O'Connell could be the next star who has his own talk show. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the former "Sliders" actor is currently developing a new daytime talk show produced by CBS.
The show, which will have co-hosts and guest stars, is taping at least three test shows this Tuesday and Wednesday (August 19 and 20) at Sunset Bronson Studios in Los Angeles. The show reportedly targets the same heavily female daytime audience as "The Queen Latifah Show".
If the tests go well, the new show will air on the CBS-owned stations starting in September 2015. Words are, O'Connell's talker may replace Queen Latifah's show which has been struggling in ratings.
Sources say the show's performance in its second season this fall will determine whether it will continue or not. CBS Television Distribution has refused to comment on the project in development starring O'Connell, but a spokesperson for Sony Pictures Television which produces Latifah's show denies that her talk show is being bumped out of the 9 A.M. time slot on WCBS-TV in New York City.
"Every element of the show will be elevated for the second season," Sony's spokesperson says in a statement, "giving Queen Latifah an even broader platform to showcase her many talents." Bill Carroll, vp and director of programming for Katz Media Group, shares his opinion, "Queen Latifah's performance so far has been good, not great. And it's going to be tough to improve."
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs