Anna Nicole Smith's Estate Loses Final Bid to Acquire Millions From Husband's Estate
The estate of Anna Nicole Smith has lost in their final bid to acquire $44 millions from her husband's estate. As reported by The Associated Press, a federal judge in Orange County denied the former Playboy model's request to sanction the estate of her husband's son on Monday, August 18, seven years after Smith's passing in 2007.
"Time spent litigating the relationship between Vickie Lynn and J. Howard has extended for nearly five times the length of their relationship and nearly twenty times the length of their marriage. It is neither reasonable nor practical to go forward," U.S. District Court Judge David O. Carter said of the legal battle which has been taking place for nearly two decades.
"The American taxpayer has supported the burden of this litigation for many years, and it is time for this suit to no longer 'drag its weary length before the Court,' " he added, referring to the Supreme Court's decision which quoted Charles Dickens' "Bleak House".
In response to the Monday decision, an attorney for Marshall's estate, G. Eric Brunstad Jr., said the family agreed not to continue the case. The executor of Smith's estate, Howard K. Stern, has not replied to the news outlet's request for comments.
Smith, whose real name is Vickie Lynn Marshall, married her billionaire husband J. Howard Marshall when he was 89 and she was 26. The tycoon died a year after their wedding. He left his $1.6 billion estate to his son E. Pierce Marshall and did not mention Smith in his will. Smith's attempts to overturn the will have been denied. She died from drug overdose in 2007.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding