Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Gets Second Season Order From FX
FX has given "The Strain" a vote of confidence following its strong debut. The network has ordered a 13-episode second season of the hit drama series from executive producers Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan and Carlton Cuse.
"We've never had any doubts about 'The Strain'," says John Landgraf, CEO, FX Networks and FX Productions. "Working with Guillermo del Toro, Carlton Cuse, and the brilliant cast led by Corey Stoll has been everything we had hoped it would be and more. It is thrilling when you have a show that is a creative and commercial hit, which is a rare accomplishment in this increasingly crowded marketplace. We look forward having it on FX for as long as Carlton, Guillermo and Chuck Hogan need to tell this epic tale."
"I am thrilled! Another season to spread the virus!" says del Toro, who also co-wrote the books the show is based on with Hogan. "Working with Carlton, Chuck and FX has been immensely rewarding and we have such sights to unveil in the upcoming episodes-the blood hits the fan on this one, mankind becomes an endangered species."
Cuse adds, "It's been immensely satisfying over the last year-and-a-half to work with the incredible team at FX, Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan to bring 'The Strain' to life. I am grateful for all the blood, sweat and tears (but mostly blood) given to the project by all involved, and I could not be more excited to continue telling this epic story."
"The Strain" debuted July 13 to 12.7 million total viewers with delayed and repeat viewings added, making it the most-watched series premiere in FX's history. Season to date, it is averaging 11 million total viewers and 5.2 million adults 18-49.
The remaining seven episodes in season 1 air Sundays at 10 P.M. ET/PT on FX.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous