First Image of Paul Rudd in 'Ant-Man' Tells Scott Lang's Origin Story
A day after the principal photography started on Monday, August 18, "Ant-Man" unleashed the first photo from the San Fransisco set. Marvel Studios released the first image of Paul Rudd as the movie's lead Scott Lang, who would later transform into the title character.
In the pic, Rudd stands in front of a van parked near the Golden Gate Bridge. The vehicle is typical in the use of heist, indicating the origin story of Lang as thief who is hired by Michael Douglas' Dr. Hank Pym to recover a stolen technology.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
The filming was actually to start earlier this summer but director Edgar Wright made a sudden departure due to creative differences. Besides San Francisco, the film will shoot in several locations in Atlanta. "Ant-Man" will be released in the U.S. on July 17, 2015.
More Ant-Man News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala