First Image of Paul Rudd in 'Ant-Man' Tells Scott Lang's Origin Story
A day after the principal photography started on Monday, August 18, "Ant-Man" unleashed the first photo from the San Fransisco set. Marvel Studios released the first image of Paul Rudd as the movie's lead Scott Lang, who would later transform into the title character.
In the pic, Rudd stands in front of a van parked near the Golden Gate Bridge. The vehicle is typical in the use of heist, indicating the origin story of Lang as thief who is hired by Michael Douglas' Dr. Hank Pym to recover a stolen technology.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
The filming was actually to start earlier this summer but director Edgar Wright made a sudden departure due to creative differences. Besides San Francisco, the film will shoot in several locations in Atlanta. "Ant-Man" will be released in the U.S. on July 17, 2015.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'