Julianne Hough in Talks to Return to 'Dancing with the Stars' as Judge
Julianne Hough reportedly enters negotiations to join "Dancing with the Stars" judging panel. According to TMZ, she is in talks to be the fourth judge to join Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli who are expected to return for the next season.
"We want all those three to come back," showrunner Rob Wade recently said of the original judges to E! News. "I think the guest judges worked really well last season. I think there's arguments for adding to the panel and stuff, but certainly not subtracting."
"I really like the three of them...getting the chemistry of a panel right is extremely difficult. And when you have three people like that, who are not only on-camera so great, but off-camera so great, you don't really want to mess with it."
Last season in the eighteenth cycle, Julianne served as a guest judge on an episode where the participants switched partners. She sparked controversy by telling Maksim Chmerkovskiy who originally partnered with Meryl Davis that he had "phoned in" his performance with Danica McKellar.
"I don't think anyone expected her to say that, but it's her opinion and it's neither right nor wrong. Judging is subjective," defended her brother Derek Hough who is also a "DWTS" pro member. "Whether or not you agree with Julianne, I think we can all agree that she definitely leaves her mark when she judges."
Julianne who has starred in movies like "Footloose" and "Rock of Ages" also sat as a guest judge in season 17. She is actually a two-time champion on the dancing competition, winning with Apolo Anton Ohno in the fourth season and with Helio Castroneves in the fifth season.
Maksim who recently left the show previously said he'd open to a new "position" with the show. He brought home the Mirrorball trophy in season 18.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?