Teaser Trailer for 'Tale of Princess Kaguya' Voiced by Chloe Moretz
"The Tale of Princess Kaguya" gets a teaser trailer which sees the titular princess fleeing. The animated adaptation of Japanese folk story "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" comes from Studio Ghibli co-founded by Japan maestros Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata.
The folklore centers on a tiny girl found inside a shining stalk of bamboo. She grows into an exquisite young lady, raised by an old bamboo cutter and his wife. From the countryside to the grand capital city, even unseen she enthralls all who encounter her, including five noble suitors. Ultimately, however, she must face her secret fate.
Chloe Moretz is tapped to voice the leading lady. James Marsden, Lucy Liu, Darren Criss, James Caan, Dean Cain, Oliver Platt, Beau Bridges, and Mary Steenburgen are among the voice cast as well. It will open in the U.S. on October 17.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake