Teaser Trailer for 'Tale of Princess Kaguya' Voiced by Chloe Moretz
"The Tale of Princess Kaguya" gets a teaser trailer which sees the titular princess fleeing. The animated adaptation of Japanese folk story "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" comes from Studio Ghibli co-founded by Japan maestros Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata.
The folklore centers on a tiny girl found inside a shining stalk of bamboo. She grows into an exquisite young lady, raised by an old bamboo cutter and his wife. From the countryside to the grand capital city, even unseen she enthralls all who encounter her, including five noble suitors. Ultimately, however, she must face her secret fate.
Chloe Moretz is tapped to voice the leading lady. James Marsden, Lucy Liu, Darren Criss, James Caan, Dean Cain, Oliver Platt, Beau Bridges, and Mary Steenburgen are among the voice cast as well. It will open in the U.S. on October 17.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes