Teaser Trailer for 'Tale of Princess Kaguya' Voiced by Chloe Moretz
"The Tale of Princess Kaguya" gets a teaser trailer which sees the titular princess fleeing. The animated adaptation of Japanese folk story "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" comes from Studio Ghibli co-founded by Japan maestros Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata.
The folklore centers on a tiny girl found inside a shining stalk of bamboo. She grows into an exquisite young lady, raised by an old bamboo cutter and his wife. From the countryside to the grand capital city, even unseen she enthralls all who encounter her, including five noble suitors. Ultimately, however, she must face her secret fate.
Chloe Moretz is tapped to voice the leading lady. James Marsden, Lucy Liu, Darren Criss, James Caan, Dean Cain, Oliver Platt, Beau Bridges, and Mary Steenburgen are among the voice cast as well. It will open in the U.S. on October 17.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story