Teaser Trailer for 'Tale of Princess Kaguya' Voiced by Chloe Moretz
"The Tale of Princess Kaguya" gets a teaser trailer which sees the titular princess fleeing. The animated adaptation of Japanese folk story "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" comes from Studio Ghibli co-founded by Japan maestros Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata.
The folklore centers on a tiny girl found inside a shining stalk of bamboo. She grows into an exquisite young lady, raised by an old bamboo cutter and his wife. From the countryside to the grand capital city, even unseen she enthralls all who encounter her, including five noble suitors. Ultimately, however, she must face her secret fate.
Chloe Moretz is tapped to voice the leading lady. James Marsden, Lucy Liu, Darren Criss, James Caan, Dean Cain, Oliver Platt, Beau Bridges, and Mary Steenburgen are among the voice cast as well. It will open in the U.S. on October 17.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'