Teaser Trailer for 'Tale of Princess Kaguya' Voiced by Chloe Moretz
"The Tale of Princess Kaguya" gets a teaser trailer which sees the titular princess fleeing. The animated adaptation of Japanese folk story "The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter" comes from Studio Ghibli co-founded by Japan maestros Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata.
The folklore centers on a tiny girl found inside a shining stalk of bamboo. She grows into an exquisite young lady, raised by an old bamboo cutter and his wife. From the countryside to the grand capital city, even unseen she enthralls all who encounter her, including five noble suitors. Ultimately, however, she must face her secret fate.
Chloe Moretz is tapped to voice the leading lady. James Marsden, Lucy Liu, Darren Criss, James Caan, Dean Cain, Oliver Platt, Beau Bridges, and Mary Steenburgen are among the voice cast as well. It will open in the U.S. on October 17.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character