Patrick Hughes Confirms Two Characters in 'Expendables 3' Are Gay Lovers
Patrick Hughes discussed a scene near the end of "The Expendables 3". [SPOILER ALERT!]It involved the characters played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li whispering in each other's ears at a bar. "Get a room," Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross ribbed them in the movie.
In a new interview with Grantland, the director was asked if Arnie's Trench and Li's Yin Yang were indeed lovers. "I believe they are," he said.
The movie debuted at No. 4 with approximately $15.8 million in its first weekend, marking the lowest opening in the franchise. "The Expendables" bowed with $34.8 million in 2010, while "The Expendables 2" opened to $28.6 million in 2012.
Weeks before third film hit U.S. theaters, a high-quality copy of the actioner leaked online prompting Lionsgate to file a lawsuit against torrent sites which hosted the file and refused to take it down.
Post-"The Expendables 3", Hughes is preparing for his next project, a remake of 2011's Indonesian action movie "The Raid: Redemption". "After that, I'm pretty sure I won't do a movie with ensembles, camouflage, and guns for a while," he said.
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing