Patrick Hughes Confirms Two Characters in 'Expendables 3' Are Gay Lovers
Patrick Hughes discussed a scene near the end of "The Expendables 3". [SPOILER ALERT!]It involved the characters played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li whispering in each other's ears at a bar. "Get a room," Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross ribbed them in the movie.
In a new interview with Grantland, the director was asked if Arnie's Trench and Li's Yin Yang were indeed lovers. "I believe they are," he said.
The movie debuted at No. 4 with approximately $15.8 million in its first weekend, marking the lowest opening in the franchise. "The Expendables" bowed with $34.8 million in 2010, while "The Expendables 2" opened to $28.6 million in 2012.
Weeks before third film hit U.S. theaters, a high-quality copy of the actioner leaked online prompting Lionsgate to file a lawsuit against torrent sites which hosted the file and refused to take it down.
Post-"The Expendables 3", Hughes is preparing for his next project, a remake of 2011's Indonesian action movie "The Raid: Redemption". "After that, I'm pretty sure I won't do a movie with ensembles, camouflage, and guns for a while," he said.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'