Patrick Hughes Confirms Two Characters in 'Expendables 3' Are Gay Lovers
Patrick Hughes discussed a scene near the end of "The Expendables 3". [SPOILER ALERT!]It involved the characters played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li whispering in each other's ears at a bar. "Get a room," Sylvester Stallone's Barney Ross ribbed them in the movie.
In a new interview with Grantland, the director was asked if Arnie's Trench and Li's Yin Yang were indeed lovers. "I believe they are," he said.
The movie debuted at No. 4 with approximately $15.8 million in its first weekend, marking the lowest opening in the franchise. "The Expendables" bowed with $34.8 million in 2010, while "The Expendables 2" opened to $28.6 million in 2012.
Weeks before third film hit U.S. theaters, a high-quality copy of the actioner leaked online prompting Lionsgate to file a lawsuit against torrent sites which hosted the file and refused to take it down.
Post-"The Expendables 3", Hughes is preparing for his next project, a remake of 2011's Indonesian action movie "The Raid: Redemption". "After that, I'm pretty sure I won't do a movie with ensembles, camouflage, and guns for a while," he said.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie