The Rock Confirms He Plays a Role in 'Shazam!' Movie
After previously dropping hints at multiple occasions, The Rock finally confirms that he is indeed involved in the upcoming movie adaptation of DC Comics' "Shazam!". The pro wrestler-turned-actor, however, plays coy when asked what role he is playing.
"It's the interpretation of a character from DC Comics. It's the story of Shazam, but I can't say if I'm playing Shazam or Black Adam," he spilled to La Nacion. "In this case in particular, I believe we will do [the part] justice. I'm putting my heart and soul into this role."
"Now it is happening with Superman and Batman. Aquaman and Wonder Woman come. I'm excited and I know fans are also excited. DC and Warner Bros. have great mythology that we will respect, we will create something very cool and good foundation," he went on.
"Shazam!" has been in development hell for a long time. Peter Segal who was attached to direct the pic once said the plan to bring the superhero to the big screen was halted because the character was similar a lot to Superman resurrected in "Man of Steel".
The next DC film, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" which is a sequel to the Superman reboot, is due March 25, 2016 in the United States. Henry Cavill reprises his role as Clark Kent, Ben Affleck is the Caped Crusader, and Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016