The Rock Confirms He Plays a Role in 'Shazam!' Movie
After previously dropping hints at multiple occasions, The Rock finally confirms that he is indeed involved in the upcoming movie adaptation of DC Comics' "Shazam!". The pro wrestler-turned-actor, however, plays coy when asked what role he is playing.
"It's the interpretation of a character from DC Comics. It's the story of Shazam, but I can't say if I'm playing Shazam or Black Adam," he spilled to La Nacion. "In this case in particular, I believe we will do [the part] justice. I'm putting my heart and soul into this role."
"Now it is happening with Superman and Batman. Aquaman and Wonder Woman come. I'm excited and I know fans are also excited. DC and Warner Bros. have great mythology that we will respect, we will create something very cool and good foundation," he went on.
"Shazam!" has been in development hell for a long time. Peter Segal who was attached to direct the pic once said the plan to bring the superhero to the big screen was halted because the character was similar a lot to Superman resurrected in "Man of Steel".
The next DC film, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" which is a sequel to the Superman reboot, is due March 25, 2016 in the United States. Henry Cavill reprises his role as Clark Kent, Ben Affleck is the Caped Crusader, and Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March