'True Blood' Actor Jim Parrack Likens Drinking Blood to Drinking Alcohol
"True Blood" star Jim Parrack is literally a bloodsucker. The actor, who plays human Hoyt Fortenberry on the HBO series, admits that he likes to drink real blood in real life. "I was being literal. I like the real deal," he tells Vulture when asked about his previous statement that he wanted to drink "blood."
Of why he likes blood, he says, "Um, I guess for the same reason some people want alcohol? Or for the same reason some people want, I don't know ... milk? Or Kool-Aid?" He continues, "I guess the best way to put it is sometimes I just like the way it tastes."
Before it sounds creepier, Parrack makes it clear that he doesn't drink a lot amount of blood. "No, I don't mean copious amounts of blood. I'm not getting a glass of it or something," he says, adding that he drinks it "maybe a couple times a year."
He also doesn't drink animal's blood or anyone's blood, but his beloved one's. "I'm absolutely particular. [Laughs.] It's not like it's just anybody's! That particular night, it was my girl," says the 33-year-old hunk, who just got engaged to "The Hunger Games" star Leven Rambin.
"If you drink it, it does something to you emotionally. It's hard to describe. It's kind of like you're in the moment, and the impulse comes, and ... I like it," he shares about the sensation he feels when drinking blood.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016