'True Blood' Actor Jim Parrack Likens Drinking Blood to Drinking Alcohol
"True Blood" star Jim Parrack is literally a bloodsucker. The actor, who plays human Hoyt Fortenberry on the HBO series, admits that he likes to drink real blood in real life. "I was being literal. I like the real deal," he tells Vulture when asked about his previous statement that he wanted to drink "blood."
Of why he likes blood, he says, "Um, I guess for the same reason some people want alcohol? Or for the same reason some people want, I don't know ... milk? Or Kool-Aid?" He continues, "I guess the best way to put it is sometimes I just like the way it tastes."
Before it sounds creepier, Parrack makes it clear that he doesn't drink a lot amount of blood. "No, I don't mean copious amounts of blood. I'm not getting a glass of it or something," he says, adding that he drinks it "maybe a couple times a year."
He also doesn't drink animal's blood or anyone's blood, but his beloved one's. "I'm absolutely particular. [Laughs.] It's not like it's just anybody's! That particular night, it was my girl," says the 33-year-old hunk, who just got engaged to "The Hunger Games" star Leven Rambin.
"If you drink it, it does something to you emotionally. It's hard to describe. It's kind of like you're in the moment, and the impulse comes, and ... I like it," he shares about the sensation he feels when drinking blood.
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing