'True Blood' Actor Jim Parrack Likens Drinking Blood to Drinking Alcohol
"True Blood" star Jim Parrack is literally a bloodsucker. The actor, who plays human Hoyt Fortenberry on the HBO series, admits that he likes to drink real blood in real life. "I was being literal. I like the real deal," he tells Vulture when asked about his previous statement that he wanted to drink "blood."
Of why he likes blood, he says, "Um, I guess for the same reason some people want alcohol? Or for the same reason some people want, I don't know ... milk? Or Kool-Aid?" He continues, "I guess the best way to put it is sometimes I just like the way it tastes."
Before it sounds creepier, Parrack makes it clear that he doesn't drink a lot amount of blood. "No, I don't mean copious amounts of blood. I'm not getting a glass of it or something," he says, adding that he drinks it "maybe a couple times a year."
He also doesn't drink animal's blood or anyone's blood, but his beloved one's. "I'm absolutely particular. [Laughs.] It's not like it's just anybody's! That particular night, it was my girl," says the 33-year-old hunk, who just got engaged to "The Hunger Games" star Leven Rambin.
"If you drink it, it does something to you emotionally. It's hard to describe. It's kind of like you're in the moment, and the impulse comes, and ... I like it," he shares about the sensation he feels when drinking blood.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role