John Legend Announces Casting Call for 'Breaking Through'
John Legend is calling out all aspiring dancers out there to show their moves and be part of the upcoming dance flick "Breaking Through". As the executive producer of the film, Legend recorded a YouTube message to announce the casting call along with writer-director John Swetnam.
Those who want to participate may submit their video to multi-channel YouTube network, DanceOn.com/BreakingThrough. According to Deadline, winners who are selected would either perform at a live taped event this month or have their videos appear in movie.
"Breaking Through" is a modern coming-of-age dance film for the YouTube generation. Casey Wright is a 21-year-old small town girl with dreams of stardom and celebrity. After her hip-hop dance videos are noticed online by a Hollywood talent scout, Casey becomes an overnight sensation, blurring the lines between her internet persona and her real life relationships. As her popularity explodes, Casey risks losing herself and everything she cares about, all for the sake of music and fame.
Sophia Aguiar and Jordan Rodrigues star in the movie. Some of the scenes will be filmed at the live "DanceOn Spotlight: The Ultimate Dance Experience Event" on August 29 in Los Angeles.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle