John Legend Announces Casting Call for 'Breaking Through'
John Legend is calling out all aspiring dancers out there to show their moves and be part of the upcoming dance flick "Breaking Through". As the executive producer of the film, Legend recorded a YouTube message to announce the casting call along with writer-director John Swetnam.
Those who want to participate may submit their video to multi-channel YouTube network, DanceOn.com/BreakingThrough. According to Deadline, winners who are selected would either perform at a live taped event this month or have their videos appear in movie.
"Breaking Through" is a modern coming-of-age dance film for the YouTube generation. Casey Wright is a 21-year-old small town girl with dreams of stardom and celebrity. After her hip-hop dance videos are noticed online by a Hollywood talent scout, Casey becomes an overnight sensation, blurring the lines between her internet persona and her real life relationships. As her popularity explodes, Casey risks losing herself and everything she cares about, all for the sake of music and fame.
Sophia Aguiar and Jordan Rodrigues star in the movie. Some of the scenes will be filmed at the live "DanceOn Spotlight: The Ultimate Dance Experience Event" on August 29 in Los Angeles.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy