John Legend Announces Casting Call for 'Breaking Through'
John Legend is calling out all aspiring dancers out there to show their moves and be part of the upcoming dance flick "Breaking Through". As the executive producer of the film, Legend recorded a YouTube message to announce the casting call along with writer-director John Swetnam.
Those who want to participate may submit their video to multi-channel YouTube network, DanceOn.com/BreakingThrough. According to Deadline, winners who are selected would either perform at a live taped event this month or have their videos appear in movie.
"Breaking Through" is a modern coming-of-age dance film for the YouTube generation. Casey Wright is a 21-year-old small town girl with dreams of stardom and celebrity. After her hip-hop dance videos are noticed online by a Hollywood talent scout, Casey becomes an overnight sensation, blurring the lines between her internet persona and her real life relationships. As her popularity explodes, Casey risks losing herself and everything she cares about, all for the sake of music and fame.
Sophia Aguiar and Jordan Rodrigues star in the movie. Some of the scenes will be filmed at the live "DanceOn Spotlight: The Ultimate Dance Experience Event" on August 29 in Los Angeles.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.