Jackie Chan's Son Jaycee Arrested for Alleged Drug Use
Jackie Chan's son has been arrested in Beijing in connection with possible drug use. Various reports by local media say that Jacyee Chan, 31, and Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko, 23, were detained on illegal drug-related offenses last week.
On Monday, August 18, police announced that the two actors, which they identified as Chan and Ko without giving the full name, tested positive for marijuana and confessed to using the drug. Police found 100 grams of marijuana at Jacyee's home and he's also charged for "providing a shelter for others to use drug."
Jacyee, who appeared in such movies as "The Drummer" and "The Sun Also Rises", could face up to three years in prison on the charge.
The arrest is part of a campaign by the Chinese authorities against illegal drug use. Recently, 42 entertainment and performance agencies in Beijing signed an agreement with the local police to boycott celebrities that take drugs.
Jackie Chan, known in the States for his roles in Disney's animated movie "Mulan" and "Rush Hour", has been campaigning against drugs. In 2009, he was nominated by the China National Anti-Drug Committee to serve as a goodwill ambassador for the country's effort against illicit drugs.
As for Kai Ko, also known as Chen-Tung Ko, who starred in popular Chinese film "Tiny Times", he once vowed to never use drugs in a 2012 public service announcement. His manager says that the management company has sent representatives to Beijing to investigate the situation but does not address the drug-related arrest.
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet