Taylor Swift Dances Terribly in Music Video for 'Shake It Off' From New Album '1989'
Taylor Swift is officially back. During her highly-anticipated Yahoo! live stream on Monday, August 18, the singer gave fans the first listen to her new single "Shake It Off" and later treated them to its accompanying music video.
In the fun-filled visuals, Swift is featured donning various outfits as she tries her hand at some different dance styles. She transforms into a ballerina, a breakdancer and a cheerleader among others but she always ends up being the most terrible dancer.
"Shake It Off" is an upbeat pop track that Swift co-created with Max Martin and Shellback who previously worked with her on hits like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "I Knew you Were Trouble". In it, the 24-year-old superstar sings about not caring about haters and what they say about her.
"Cause the players gonna play, play, play/ And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate/ Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake/ Shake it off, shake it off," she sings.
The track serves as the first official offering from "1989", Swift's new album which she announced also during the live stream. "I woke up every single day that I was recording this record not wanting, but needing to make a new style of music that I had never made before," the star said of the LP which has been in the works for two years. "[It's]the most sonically cohesive album I've ever made." The follow-up to 2012's chart-topper "Red" is due out on October 27.
Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" music video
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3