Keanu Reeves to Topline His First TV Series 'Rain'
Keanu Reeves is making a transition to small screen. The "Matrix" star will star in an hourlong series titled "Rain", which is based on the best-selling book series by Barry Eisler.
Slingshot Global Media announced Reeves' participation in the project on Monday, August 18. The actor will also be the executive producer alongside Eisler, Chad Stahelski and David Leitch. This will be the actor's first major gig on television, both as a star and producer, and Slingshot Global Media's first announced project since forming in February.
Reeves is to portray John Rain, a half-Japanese and half-American assassin who specializes in taking out his targets by making it look like death by natural causes. However, he struggles to find an identity beyond being a killer as the career path prevents him from bringing others closer into his life.
"As a huge fan of Barry's work, I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to bring his iconic character and incredible world to life," said Reeves. "I'm looking forward to partnering with Slingshot on my first series, and reteaming with Chad and David." Reeves stars in the upcoming action movie "John Wick" that Stahelski and Leitch direct.
"We are extremely excited to be working on a beloved property with such a talented and hard-working actor as Keanu," said Slingshot CEO David Ellender. "This series will be the launch pad for the company and highlight our talent-focused, quality-based approach within the ever-changing and expanding television space."
The search is on to find a scriptwriter for the series.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3