Keke Palmer, J. Cole Visit Ferguson
Keke Palmer joined other protesters in Ferguson, Missouri over the weekend. The actress/singer took part in a peaceful protest in the area on Saturday, August 16 following the death of an unarmed African American teenager Michael Brown who was shot by police last week.
Some people who met Palmer during the protest took to Twitter to thank her for joining them. "Man @KekePalmer was standing rite on side of me today I damn near grabbed her & did some thangs 2 her. Bt we was out der for a bigger reason," wrote a Twitter user whose post was retweeted by the 20-year-old star. "Thank you. Please do. We'll continue to keep doing our part here PEACEFULLY. RIP BIG MIKE!! 'Hands up!! Don't shoot!!' "
"Seeing @KekePalmer out there participating was amazing much love to you honey we appreciate u," another person wrote. Palmer replied, "I appreciate YOU!" Another user additionally shared a photo of Palmer at a protest.
Palmer previously was criticized on social media after her messages to urge for peace and unity were deemed "naive" by some people. "Why do we hate eachother, harm eachother, kill eachother? We are brothers & sisters y'all. All colors! Peace is the answer," she wrote.
In an interview with Huffington Post recently, Palmer opened up about the social media backlash. "I don't have all the answers and there are no quick fixes for things like this. But uniting and coming together on one clear message and trying to get that message across is much better than us all being everywhere and fighting against one another and coming from all different sides. That's never going to get us anywhere," she explained.
In addition to Palmer, J. Cole, who previously shared a song "Be Free" which is dedicated to Brown, was spotted in Ferguson over the weekend. According to Vibe, Cole went to the ground where Brown was shot to pay respects.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!