Artist of the Week: Wiz Khalifa
With various sounds from straight hip-hop track "We Dem Boys" to slow tempo jam "Promises", Wiz Khalifa's "Blacc Hollywood" surely will be worth the wait. First announced just months after its predecessor "O.N.I.F.C." hit the stores, the new album is set to come out on Tuesday, August 19.
Wiz has worked really hard on the LP that he claims will be his best work to date. In a Q&A during a recent iHeartRadio event in New York, he explained why the forthcoming project would be different from (and better than) his previous full-lengths.
"I think the amount of patience and the amount of like energy I put into it being an album," he explained. "I usually do that for mixtapes but now it's an album. People are going to get to feel that energy worldwide."
Wiz, who rose to mainstream prominence following the release of his "Kush and Orange Juice" mixtape, has also enlisted a few familiar faces in hip-hop for "Blacc Hollywood". Among those are Juicy J, Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. Rick Ross, Nas, Snoop Dogg and more are featured in the album's deluxe edition.
To support his new set, Wiz launched the third annual "Under the Influence of Music" tour last month with Ty Dolla $ign, Young Jeezy, Rich Homie Quan and others. "It's crazy. Jeezy's on out there, we got IamSu and they brought like that West Coast vibe. And Ty Dolla $ign, he gets the ladies going crazy," he excitedly said of the tour. "And I just kind of cap it off with what I do." The tour is scheduled to finish in Irvine, CA. on August 24.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation