Artist of the Week: Wiz Khalifa
With various sounds from straight hip-hop track "We Dem Boys" to slow tempo jam "Promises", Wiz Khalifa's "Blacc Hollywood" surely will be worth the wait. First announced just months after its predecessor "O.N.I.F.C." hit the stores, the new album is set to come out on Tuesday, August 19.
Wiz has worked really hard on the LP that he claims will be his best work to date. In a Q&A during a recent iHeartRadio event in New York, he explained why the forthcoming project would be different from (and better than) his previous full-lengths.
"I think the amount of patience and the amount of like energy I put into it being an album," he explained. "I usually do that for mixtapes but now it's an album. People are going to get to feel that energy worldwide."
Wiz, who rose to mainstream prominence following the release of his "Kush and Orange Juice" mixtape, has also enlisted a few familiar faces in hip-hop for "Blacc Hollywood". Among those are Juicy J, Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. Rick Ross, Nas, Snoop Dogg and more are featured in the album's deluxe edition.
To support his new set, Wiz launched the third annual "Under the Influence of Music" tour last month with Ty Dolla $ign, Young Jeezy, Rich Homie Quan and others. "It's crazy. Jeezy's on out there, we got IamSu and they brought like that West Coast vibe. And Ty Dolla $ign, he gets the ladies going crazy," he excitedly said of the tour. "And I just kind of cap it off with what I do." The tour is scheduled to finish in Irvine, CA. on August 24.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance