Artist of the Week: Wiz Khalifa
With various sounds from straight hip-hop track "We Dem Boys" to slow tempo jam "Promises", Wiz Khalifa's "Blacc Hollywood" surely will be worth the wait. First announced just months after its predecessor "O.N.I.F.C." hit the stores, the new album is set to come out on Tuesday, August 19.
Wiz has worked really hard on the LP that he claims will be his best work to date. In a Q&A during a recent iHeartRadio event in New York, he explained why the forthcoming project would be different from (and better than) his previous full-lengths.
"I think the amount of patience and the amount of like energy I put into it being an album," he explained. "I usually do that for mixtapes but now it's an album. People are going to get to feel that energy worldwide."
Wiz, who rose to mainstream prominence following the release of his "Kush and Orange Juice" mixtape, has also enlisted a few familiar faces in hip-hop for "Blacc Hollywood". Among those are Juicy J, Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. Rick Ross, Nas, Snoop Dogg and more are featured in the album's deluxe edition.
To support his new set, Wiz launched the third annual "Under the Influence of Music" tour last month with Ty Dolla $ign, Young Jeezy, Rich Homie Quan and others. "It's crazy. Jeezy's on out there, we got IamSu and they brought like that West Coast vibe. And Ty Dolla $ign, he gets the ladies going crazy," he excitedly said of the tour. "And I just kind of cap it off with what I do." The tour is scheduled to finish in Irvine, CA. on August 24.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons