Brangelina's 'By the Sea' Starts Production in Malta
It has been confirmed once again that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's new movie takes European country South of Sicily, Malta, as the background. "By the Sea" will be the Hollywood couple's first on-screen movie appearance together since 2005's "Mr and Mrs Smith".
The Malta Independent reported that the picturesque beach Mgarr ix-Xini would be closed for public from Monday, August 18 to November 10 to accommodate the film's shoot. The local paper also reported that set construction was well underway for two structures, one on the beach and another on a cliff opposite the beach.
Prime Minister of Malta, Joseph Muscat, had previously let out the words that the film would be set in Malta's largest island, Gozo. "I'm happy that Hollywood producers have once again chosen Malta for their project, and we will be delighted to host Mr. Pitt, Ms. Jolie, and their family for the second time in just a few years," Muscat told Us Weekly in July. "I'm sure that this film will help put our beautiful sister island of Gozo on the world map."
This is not the first time Pitt has shot a movie in Maltese Island. The 2004 film "Troy" and 2013 "World War Z" were both filmed there.
Plot details of "By the Sea" are kept under wraps but sources told THR that Brangelina would get married on screen in the film.
More By the Sea News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March