Brangelina's 'By the Sea' Starts Production in Malta
It has been confirmed once again that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's new movie takes European country South of Sicily, Malta, as the background. "By the Sea" will be the Hollywood couple's first on-screen movie appearance together since 2005's "Mr and Mrs Smith".
The Malta Independent reported that the picturesque beach Mgarr ix-Xini would be closed for public from Monday, August 18 to November 10 to accommodate the film's shoot. The local paper also reported that set construction was well underway for two structures, one on the beach and another on a cliff opposite the beach.
Prime Minister of Malta, Joseph Muscat, had previously let out the words that the film would be set in Malta's largest island, Gozo. "I'm happy that Hollywood producers have once again chosen Malta for their project, and we will be delighted to host Mr. Pitt, Ms. Jolie, and their family for the second time in just a few years," Muscat told Us Weekly in July. "I'm sure that this film will help put our beautiful sister island of Gozo on the world map."
This is not the first time Pitt has shot a movie in Maltese Island. The 2004 film "Troy" and 2013 "World War Z" were both filmed there.
Plot details of "By the Sea" are kept under wraps but sources told THR that Brangelina would get married on screen in the film.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion