Brangelina's 'By the Sea' Starts Production in Malta
It has been confirmed once again that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's new movie takes European country South of Sicily, Malta, as the background. "By the Sea" will be the Hollywood couple's first on-screen movie appearance together since 2005's "Mr and Mrs Smith".
The Malta Independent reported that the picturesque beach Mgarr ix-Xini would be closed for public from Monday, August 18 to November 10 to accommodate the film's shoot. The local paper also reported that set construction was well underway for two structures, one on the beach and another on a cliff opposite the beach.
Prime Minister of Malta, Joseph Muscat, had previously let out the words that the film would be set in Malta's largest island, Gozo. "I'm happy that Hollywood producers have once again chosen Malta for their project, and we will be delighted to host Mr. Pitt, Ms. Jolie, and their family for the second time in just a few years," Muscat told Us Weekly in July. "I'm sure that this film will help put our beautiful sister island of Gozo on the world map."
This is not the first time Pitt has shot a movie in Maltese Island. The 2004 film "Troy" and 2013 "World War Z" were both filmed there.
Plot details of "By the Sea" are kept under wraps but sources told THR that Brangelina would get married on screen in the film.
More By the Sea News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher