Johnny Cash's Childhood House Opens to Public
Johnny Cash's childhood house in Dyess, Arkansas has been opened to public after years of restoration works. A grand opening event, which was held on Saturday, August 16, drew many visitors from all around the world.
Johnny's sister, Joanne Cash, told the audience at the Saturday event, "It's such a bittersweet time for Tommy and me. They say you can't go back, but today we did go back and walk in the house where we were both raised. It's just very emotional for me."
Meanwhile, Johnny's daughter, Rosanne Cash, said she usually refused to take part in her father's projects but agreed on the Arkansas project. "Arkansas State University said they wanted to purchase the home and restore it. Would the Cash family support it? We all said yes," she claimed.
Rosanne continued, "We have all been onboard from day one because this is real, it's true, it's authentic. It's the thing that would have meant the most to my father. I don't speak for him, I don't give him opinions since he has passed away, but this is one thing I can say for certain. This would have meant more to him than any other honor, any Grammy, any gold record, this."
Before the grand opening event, Rosanne brought her children to visit Johnny's childhood house. She shared, "I just had an experience of taking three of my five children into my dad's childhood bedroom and the four of us stood there and wept."
She added, "It was the oddest sensation of thinking of my dad as a little boy in that very spot and what if he could have seen his middle-aged daughter and three of his grandchildren walk in that room, how would he have felt? Could he even conceive it? It was too much."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special