'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'