'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...