'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?