'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'