'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty