'20/20' Anchor Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
ABC News reporter Elizabeth Vargas is going back to rehab to treat her problems with alcohol. The network confirms the news in a statement released on Sunday, August 17. "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process," Vargas says.
The "20/20" co-anchor and correspondent, who is married to singer/songwriter Marc Cohn and a mother to two children, adds that she is sorry for letting her family down. "I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry," she continues and adds that she is "committed to battling and addressing this debilitating disease."
ABC has shown their support to Vargas as she seeks treatment. "We look forward to having her back at ABC News when she feels ready to return," the network says.
Vargas first entered rehab for similar problem last year. "I am. I am an alcoholic. It took me a long time to admit that to myself. It took me a long time to admit it to my family, but I am," she said during a post-rehab appearance on "Good Morning America" in January.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester