Ving Rhames Confirmed to Return for 'Mission: Impossible V'
Ving Rhames will reprise his role as Luther Stickell in "Mission: Impossible V". He joins Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner who will also reprise their respective roles in the upcoming "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" sequel.
The news was announced by the director himself, Christopher McQuarrie. "Welcome back, Mr. Rhames. cc: @TomCruise @simonpegg @Renner4Real #MI5Diary," he tweeted.
Stickell is Ethan Hunt's close confidant. He is the only character besides Cruise's Hunt to appear in all four "Mission: Impossible" films. In the last movie, he was not involved in Hunt's mission. They only met after the mission was accomplished and he parted ways with the spy agent with a "See you in Kandahar" farewell.
The fifth film is scheduled for December 25, 2015. Rebecca Ferguson (II) is tapped as the new leading lady, while Alec Baldwin is reportedly in talks to play as the head of the CIA.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover