Ving Rhames Confirmed to Return for 'Mission: Impossible V'
Ving Rhames will reprise his role as Luther Stickell in "Mission: Impossible V". He joins Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner who will also reprise their respective roles in the upcoming "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" sequel.
The news was announced by the director himself, Christopher McQuarrie. "Welcome back, Mr. Rhames. cc: @TomCruise @simonpegg @Renner4Real #MI5Diary," he tweeted.
Stickell is Ethan Hunt's close confidant. He is the only character besides Cruise's Hunt to appear in all four "Mission: Impossible" films. In the last movie, he was not involved in Hunt's mission. They only met after the mission was accomplished and he parted ways with the spy agent with a "See you in Kandahar" farewell.
The fifth film is scheduled for December 25, 2015. Rebecca Ferguson (II) is tapped as the new leading lady, while Alec Baldwin is reportedly in talks to play as the head of the CIA.
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head