Ving Rhames Confirmed to Return for 'Mission: Impossible V'
Ving Rhames will reprise his role as Luther Stickell in "Mission: Impossible V". He joins Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner who will also reprise their respective roles in the upcoming "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" sequel.
The news was announced by the director himself, Christopher McQuarrie. "Welcome back, Mr. Rhames. cc: @TomCruise @simonpegg @Renner4Real #MI5Diary," he tweeted.
Stickell is Ethan Hunt's close confidant. He is the only character besides Cruise's Hunt to appear in all four "Mission: Impossible" films. In the last movie, he was not involved in Hunt's mission. They only met after the mission was accomplished and he parted ways with the spy agent with a "See you in Kandahar" farewell.
The fifth film is scheduled for December 25, 2015. Rebecca Ferguson (II) is tapped as the new leading lady, while Alec Baldwin is reportedly in talks to play as the head of the CIA.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics