Ben Affleck Injured on Set of 'Batman v Superman'
Ben Affleck was reportedly injured on the set of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". According a report from Star, the Batman depicter was sent home after straining his body due to a complicated move using his left shoulder.
"It was hurting him pretty bad," a source said of the set injury. "He's putting his all into this role and it's pretty physically demanding. The trips to the gym are two, sometimes three times a day and on set he's like a machine."
A candid video taken by onlookers on the set did show Affleck nursing his left shoulder. Another set video supposedly taken the following day sees a stunt double replacing the actor as Bruce Wayne to film a scene that involved him picking up a small child.
A sequel to 2012's "Man of Steel", "Batman v Superman" is moved to March 25, 2016 to avoid competition with "Captain America 3" which is due May 6. Zack Snyder is back as the director and Henry Cavill reprises his role as Clark Kent. Gal Gadot is cast as Wonder Woman, and Jesse Eisenberg is tapped as Lex Luthor.
Ben Affleck Nursing His Shoulder:
Ben Affleck's Stunt Double on Set:
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd