Video: Kevin Spacey's 'House of Cards' Character Frank Underwood Prank Calls Hillary Clinton
"House of Cards" teams up with the Clinton Foundation for a parody video to urge people to wish former president Bill Clinton a happy birthday. Slipping into character, Kevin Spacey appears as Frank Underwood who prank calls Hillary Clinton by imitating Mr. Clinton's voice.
Frank tries to find out what she will give to her husband as a present on his upcoming 68th birthday. He suggests an elephant, but Hillary says, "This is a very personal decision I will make when I'm ready."
Frank then suggests names for Chelsea Clinton's baby, proposing Frank for a boy and Claire, which is the name of the character played by Robin Wright on the Netflix series, for a girl. But Hillary knows that it's Kevin who calls her, so she responds, "Well, I was actually thinking of pushing for the name Kevin if it's a boy," and asks the actor to sign Bill's birthday card instead.
The video ends with Bill and Kevin exchanging text messages as the former POTUS is eager to find out what his wife will get him on his birthday.
Bill Clinton is turning 68 on August 19.
In other news, Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan revealed he stopped watching "House of Cards" due to Frank Underwood's infidelity. "I watched the first couple of episodes until he cheated on his wife with that reporter. It turned my stomach so much that I just couldn't watch it anymore," he told Parade. "His behavior was so reprehensible, and it hit too close to home because he was a House member, that it just bothered me too much. And what I thought is, it makes us all look like we're like that."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie