Sylvester Stallone Blames Arnold Schwarzenegger for His Movie Bombs
Sylvester Stallone talked about some of his worst movie roles during a recent visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The 68-year-old actor blamed the blunders on his competition with fellow action star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Sly said either his agents or studio execs tricked him into taking roles by telling him that his rival was lined up for the part. " 'I'm telling you, if you don't do 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot', he's in,' " he remembered someone told him.
Now the two become buddies. They shared screen in "The Expendables 2", "The Expendables 3" and "Escape Plan". "I think he's brilliant, what he's done, and what he's accomplished. He's had three different careers," Sly said, before joking, "But I want to strangle him."
The "Rambo" actor also revealed to Jimmy Fallon that he was up for Han Solo role before Harrison Ford was signed on by George Lucas. He recalled reluctantly showing up at the audition after the release of his big hit "Rocky".
"After you've seen 100 people, you get tired, so you just hope the guy in front of you disappears... I got nowhere," he recounted. "I said, 'Let me just make it easy for you; I would look like crap in Spandex, leotards and a ray gun. Guys from outer space don't have this kind of face.' "
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress