Sylvester Stallone Blames Arnold Schwarzenegger for His Movie Bombs
Sylvester Stallone talked about some of his worst movie roles during a recent visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The 68-year-old actor blamed the blunders on his competition with fellow action star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Sly said either his agents or studio execs tricked him into taking roles by telling him that his rival was lined up for the part. " 'I'm telling you, if you don't do 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot', he's in,' " he remembered someone told him.
Now the two become buddies. They shared screen in "The Expendables 2", "The Expendables 3" and "Escape Plan". "I think he's brilliant, what he's done, and what he's accomplished. He's had three different careers," Sly said, before joking, "But I want to strangle him."
The "Rambo" actor also revealed to Jimmy Fallon that he was up for Han Solo role before Harrison Ford was signed on by George Lucas. He recalled reluctantly showing up at the audition after the release of his big hit "Rocky".
"After you've seen 100 people, you get tired, so you just hope the guy in front of you disappears... I got nowhere," he recounted. "I said, 'Let me just make it easy for you; I would look like crap in Spandex, leotards and a ray gun. Guys from outer space don't have this kind of face.' "
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed