Sylvester Stallone Blames Arnold Schwarzenegger for His Movie Bombs
Sylvester Stallone talked about some of his worst movie roles during a recent visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The 68-year-old actor blamed the blunders on his competition with fellow action star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Sly said either his agents or studio execs tricked him into taking roles by telling him that his rival was lined up for the part. " 'I'm telling you, if you don't do 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot', he's in,' " he remembered someone told him.
Now the two become buddies. They shared screen in "The Expendables 2", "The Expendables 3" and "Escape Plan". "I think he's brilliant, what he's done, and what he's accomplished. He's had three different careers," Sly said, before joking, "But I want to strangle him."
The "Rambo" actor also revealed to Jimmy Fallon that he was up for Han Solo role before Harrison Ford was signed on by George Lucas. He recalled reluctantly showing up at the audition after the release of his big hit "Rocky".
"After you've seen 100 people, you get tired, so you just hope the guy in front of you disappears... I got nowhere," he recounted. "I said, 'Let me just make it easy for you; I would look like crap in Spandex, leotards and a ray gun. Guys from outer space don't have this kind of face.' "
More Sylvester Stallone News
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings