Sylvester Stallone Blames Arnold Schwarzenegger for His Movie Bombs
Sylvester Stallone talked about some of his worst movie roles during a recent visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The 68-year-old actor blamed the blunders on his competition with fellow action star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Sly said either his agents or studio execs tricked him into taking roles by telling him that his rival was lined up for the part. " 'I'm telling you, if you don't do 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot', he's in,' " he remembered someone told him.
Now the two become buddies. They shared screen in "The Expendables 2", "The Expendables 3" and "Escape Plan". "I think he's brilliant, what he's done, and what he's accomplished. He's had three different careers," Sly said, before joking, "But I want to strangle him."
The "Rambo" actor also revealed to Jimmy Fallon that he was up for Han Solo role before Harrison Ford was signed on by George Lucas. He recalled reluctantly showing up at the audition after the release of his big hit "Rocky".
"After you've seen 100 people, you get tired, so you just hope the guy in front of you disappears... I got nowhere," he recounted. "I said, 'Let me just make it easy for you; I would look like crap in Spandex, leotards and a ray gun. Guys from outer space don't have this kind of face.' "
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'