Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King Take Ice Bucket Challenge
Oprah Winfrey took to Instagram on Friday, August 15 to share a video of her taking ice bucket challenge. She captioned the video with, "I challenge #StevenSpielberg, #HelenMirren and @DayalManish. In the name of ALS..."
In the video, Oprah is sitting while getting ready for the challenge. She says, "I'm ready for the ice now." Soon after that, her best friend, Gayle King, pours a bucket of ice on her head from behind. Gayle then asks her, "Is it cold?" Oprah screams until the end of the video.
Gayle also shared on the photo sharing site a video of her taking the ice bucket challenge. She wrote along with the video, "I accept @tylerperry & @nancyodell's #icebucketchallenge to raise awareness for #ALS!! I now nominate @kingjames & @dvf to take on the challenge! Looks like my favorite daughter Kirby enjoyed this a little too much... Link on my bio!"
The ice bucket challenge was initiated by Pete Frates' family last month to spread the awareness to ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. Pete is a former baseball player who was diagnosed with the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in 2012.
Lil Wayne, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley and Justin Moore are among celebrities who have taken the challenge.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris