Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King Take Ice Bucket Challenge
Oprah Winfrey took to Instagram on Friday, August 15 to share a video of her taking ice bucket challenge. She captioned the video with, "I challenge #StevenSpielberg, #HelenMirren and @DayalManish. In the name of ALS..."
In the video, Oprah is sitting while getting ready for the challenge. She says, "I'm ready for the ice now." Soon after that, her best friend, Gayle King, pours a bucket of ice on her head from behind. Gayle then asks her, "Is it cold?" Oprah screams until the end of the video.
Gayle also shared on the photo sharing site a video of her taking the ice bucket challenge. She wrote along with the video, "I accept @tylerperry & @nancyodell's #icebucketchallenge to raise awareness for #ALS!! I now nominate @kingjames & @dvf to take on the challenge! Looks like my favorite daughter Kirby enjoyed this a little too much... Link on my bio!"
The ice bucket challenge was initiated by Pete Frates' family last month to spread the awareness to ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. Pete is a former baseball player who was diagnosed with the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in 2012.
Lil Wayne, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley and Justin Moore are among celebrities who have taken the challenge.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce