Emile Hirsch, Behati Prinsloo Pay Tribute to Skater Jay Adams
Some celebrities mourn the death of skateboarding icon Jay Adams on Twitter after learning of his sudden passing at the age of 53. Emile Hirsch, Behati Prinsloo and Colin Hanks are among stars who paid tribute to Adams, who was also an original member of skater group Z-Boys.
"We lost a true wild man with the passing of Jayboy. Jay Adams was a legend who will be missed," Hirsch wrote. Prinsloo, meanwhile, shared a photo of Adams on Instagram and wrote, "R.I.P Jay Adams #Zboys #dogtown." Hanks tweeted, "Damn. Just re-watched Dogtown & Zboys last week. Jay Adams was the genuine article. #RIPJayAdams."
Skateboarder Tony Hawk also tweeted condolences. "Goodbye Jay Adams. Thank you for inspiring us to get vertical and to keep pushing the limits of what is possible," he wrote.
As reported by The Associated Press, Adams' manager Susan Ferris said he had a heart attack on Thursday, August 14 during a surfing vacation with his family and friends in Mexico. Adams, who was popular for his amazing skateboard stunt, founded Zephyr Skate Team when he was a teenager with a group of surfers turned skateboarders.
The group was featured in a 2001 documentary "Dogtown and Z-Boys". Their story was also adapted into a movie "Lords of Dogtown" in 2005 with Hirsch playing Adams. Adams is survived by his wife Tracy and two children.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says