Ariana Grande Says Starring on Nickelodeon Shows Was 'Frustrating'
Ariana Grande is now a household name thanks to her performance on several Nickelodeon series. The 21-year-old, however, says her experience working on "Victorious" and its spin-off "Sam & Cat" wasn't as sweet as the success that she has now achieved.
"For a long time I was attached to a character that was nothing like myself," she tells PEOPLE. "It was a little frustrating." Though so, she's still grateful for the chance to star on the shows, saying, "It was a blessing and one of my childhood dreams come true."
Grande played Cat Valentine, a friend of Victoria Justice's Tori Vega on "Victorious", from 2010-2013. After the show ended, she reprised the role on the short-lived spin-off "Sam & Cat" where she starred opposite Jennette McCurdy.
The "The Way" hitmaker is now focusing on her singing career. Her debut album "Yours Truly", which was released on August 30, 2013, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. She will follow it up with a second album "My Everything" which is due August 25.
More Ariana Grande News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance