Ariana Grande Says Starring on Nickelodeon Shows Was 'Frustrating'
Ariana Grande is now a household name thanks to her performance on several Nickelodeon series. The 21-year-old, however, says her experience working on "Victorious" and its spin-off "Sam & Cat" wasn't as sweet as the success that she has now achieved.
"For a long time I was attached to a character that was nothing like myself," she tells PEOPLE. "It was a little frustrating." Though so, she's still grateful for the chance to star on the shows, saying, "It was a blessing and one of my childhood dreams come true."
Grande played Cat Valentine, a friend of Victoria Justice's Tori Vega on "Victorious", from 2010-2013. After the show ended, she reprised the role on the short-lived spin-off "Sam & Cat" where she starred opposite Jennette McCurdy.
The "The Way" hitmaker is now focusing on her singing career. Her debut album "Yours Truly", which was released on August 30, 2013, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. She will follow it up with a second album "My Everything" which is due August 25.
More Ariana Grande News
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.