Ariana Grande Says Starring on Nickelodeon Shows Was 'Frustrating'
Ariana Grande is now a household name thanks to her performance on several Nickelodeon series. The 21-year-old, however, says her experience working on "Victorious" and its spin-off "Sam & Cat" wasn't as sweet as the success that she has now achieved.
"For a long time I was attached to a character that was nothing like myself," she tells PEOPLE. "It was a little frustrating." Though so, she's still grateful for the chance to star on the shows, saying, "It was a blessing and one of my childhood dreams come true."
Grande played Cat Valentine, a friend of Victoria Justice's Tori Vega on "Victorious", from 2010-2013. After the show ended, she reprised the role on the short-lived spin-off "Sam & Cat" where she starred opposite Jennette McCurdy.
The "The Way" hitmaker is now focusing on her singing career. Her debut album "Yours Truly", which was released on August 30, 2013, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. She will follow it up with a second album "My Everything" which is due August 25.
More Ariana Grande News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory