Ariana Grande Says Starring on Nickelodeon Shows Was 'Frustrating'
Ariana Grande is now a household name thanks to her performance on several Nickelodeon series. The 21-year-old, however, says her experience working on "Victorious" and its spin-off "Sam & Cat" wasn't as sweet as the success that she has now achieved.
"For a long time I was attached to a character that was nothing like myself," she tells PEOPLE. "It was a little frustrating." Though so, she's still grateful for the chance to star on the shows, saying, "It was a blessing and one of my childhood dreams come true."
Grande played Cat Valentine, a friend of Victoria Justice's Tori Vega on "Victorious", from 2010-2013. After the show ended, she reprised the role on the short-lived spin-off "Sam & Cat" where she starred opposite Jennette McCurdy.
The "The Way" hitmaker is now focusing on her singing career. Her debut album "Yours Truly", which was released on August 30, 2013, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. She will follow it up with a second album "My Everything" which is due August 25.
More Ariana Grande News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie