Ariana Grande Says Starring on Nickelodeon Shows Was 'Frustrating'
Ariana Grande is now a household name thanks to her performance on several Nickelodeon series. The 21-year-old, however, says her experience working on "Victorious" and its spin-off "Sam & Cat" wasn't as sweet as the success that she has now achieved.
"For a long time I was attached to a character that was nothing like myself," she tells PEOPLE. "It was a little frustrating." Though so, she's still grateful for the chance to star on the shows, saying, "It was a blessing and one of my childhood dreams come true."
Grande played Cat Valentine, a friend of Victoria Justice's Tori Vega on "Victorious", from 2010-2013. After the show ended, she reprised the role on the short-lived spin-off "Sam & Cat" where she starred opposite Jennette McCurdy.
The "The Way" hitmaker is now focusing on her singing career. Her debut album "Yours Truly", which was released on August 30, 2013, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200. She will follow it up with a second album "My Everything" which is due August 25.
More Ariana Grande News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed