Video: Paramore Dedicates 'Last Hope' to Robin Williams During Denver Concert
Paramore paid a musical tribute to Robin Williams at their recent concert in Denver. The rock band performed their song "Last Hope" and dedicated it to the actor/comedian who killed himself earlier this week.
Frontwoman Hayley Williams gave a long speech about fulfillment prior to the performance. "There was a point right before we released the new record, actually when we were writing it, that this song sort of spilled out of us," she said. "I realized how sad we had been. We had been in this place where we weren't content or fulfilled anymore."
She continued, "It was very scary. It was very depressing, then this song happened, and a light came on. It was amazing how much I realized that I was a part of something... that we, the three of us, were a part of something... you're a part of something. Please know that."
"This song goes out to Robin Williams," she added before starting singing the track that appears in Paramore's latest self-titled album.
Robin Williams was found dead at his home in California on August 11. Investigation shows he died due to asphyxiation after hanging himself with a belt. Some superficial cuts were also found on the inside of his left wrist. His wife, Susan Schneider, later revealed the actor was battling early stages of Parkinson's disease before committing suicide.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance