Video: Paramore Dedicates 'Last Hope' to Robin Williams During Denver Concert
Paramore paid a musical tribute to Robin Williams at their recent concert in Denver. The rock band performed their song "Last Hope" and dedicated it to the actor/comedian who killed himself earlier this week.
Frontwoman Hayley Williams gave a long speech about fulfillment prior to the performance. "There was a point right before we released the new record, actually when we were writing it, that this song sort of spilled out of us," she said. "I realized how sad we had been. We had been in this place where we weren't content or fulfilled anymore."
She continued, "It was very scary. It was very depressing, then this song happened, and a light came on. It was amazing how much I realized that I was a part of something... that we, the three of us, were a part of something... you're a part of something. Please know that."
"This song goes out to Robin Williams," she added before starting singing the track that appears in Paramore's latest self-titled album.
Robin Williams was found dead at his home in California on August 11. Investigation shows he died due to asphyxiation after hanging himself with a belt. Some superficial cuts were also found on the inside of his left wrist. His wife, Susan Schneider, later revealed the actor was battling early stages of Parkinson's disease before committing suicide.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie