Video: Paramore Dedicates 'Last Hope' to Robin Williams During Denver Concert
Paramore paid a musical tribute to Robin Williams at their recent concert in Denver. The rock band performed their song "Last Hope" and dedicated it to the actor/comedian who killed himself earlier this week.
Frontwoman Hayley Williams gave a long speech about fulfillment prior to the performance. "There was a point right before we released the new record, actually when we were writing it, that this song sort of spilled out of us," she said. "I realized how sad we had been. We had been in this place where we weren't content or fulfilled anymore."
She continued, "It was very scary. It was very depressing, then this song happened, and a light came on. It was amazing how much I realized that I was a part of something... that we, the three of us, were a part of something... you're a part of something. Please know that."
"This song goes out to Robin Williams," she added before starting singing the track that appears in Paramore's latest self-titled album.
Robin Williams was found dead at his home in California on August 11. Investigation shows he died due to asphyxiation after hanging himself with a belt. Some superficial cuts were also found on the inside of his left wrist. His wife, Susan Schneider, later revealed the actor was battling early stages of Parkinson's disease before committing suicide.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'