Starz Renews 'Outlander' for Season 2
"Outlander" is here to stay. Starz has given a vote of confidence to the new fantasy drama, ordering a second season after just airing its first episode. The network won't specify an episode count, but says that it is committing to "at least" 13 episodes for the next installment.
"The overwhelming support Outlander has received from the fans, viewers and critics made the decision for us to go ahead with the second book a very easy one," says Starz' CEO Chris Albrecht. "Diana Gabaldon has given us years of great drama. With an incredible artist such as Ronald D. Moore at the helm and a cast as spectacular as this, we look forward to continue this spell-binding journey with Claire, Jamie, Frank, Brianna, Roger and everybody over the centuries."
Series creator Ron Moore says, "I'm thrilled at the prospect of doing another season of this show for Starz. This project has been a labor of love from the very beginning and it's incredibly gratifying to see it succeed with viewers and critics alike."
The August 9 premiere has delivered 5 million views across all platforms in its first week. The show airs Saturdays at 9 P.M. on Starz.
Based on Gabaldon's best-selling novel series, the time-travel romance follows Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743. During the magical travel, she encounters "Black Jack" Randall (Tobias Menzies), a British army officer who bears striking resemblance to her husband in the 20th century, Frank Randall. She, however, is forced to marry young Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) in the 18th century.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes