Starz Renews 'Outlander' for Season 2
"Outlander" is here to stay. Starz has given a vote of confidence to the new fantasy drama, ordering a second season after just airing its first episode. The network won't specify an episode count, but says that it is committing to "at least" 13 episodes for the next installment.
"The overwhelming support Outlander has received from the fans, viewers and critics made the decision for us to go ahead with the second book a very easy one," says Starz' CEO Chris Albrecht. "Diana Gabaldon has given us years of great drama. With an incredible artist such as Ronald D. Moore at the helm and a cast as spectacular as this, we look forward to continue this spell-binding journey with Claire, Jamie, Frank, Brianna, Roger and everybody over the centuries."
Series creator Ron Moore says, "I'm thrilled at the prospect of doing another season of this show for Starz. This project has been a labor of love from the very beginning and it's incredibly gratifying to see it succeed with viewers and critics alike."
The August 9 premiere has delivered 5 million views across all platforms in its first week. The show airs Saturdays at 9 P.M. on Starz.
Based on Gabaldon's best-selling novel series, the time-travel romance follows Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743. During the magical travel, she encounters "Black Jack" Randall (Tobias Menzies), a British army officer who bears striking resemblance to her husband in the 20th century, Frank Randall. She, however, is forced to marry young Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) in the 18th century.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her