Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish in Talks to Join Sci-Fi Flick 'Geostorm'
Four actors are in negotiations to join Gerard Butler in sci-fi adventure "Geostorm". Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Ed Harris and Andy Garcia are being lured before the movie starts shooting in New Orleans in October.
A directing debut by Dean Devlin, "Geostorm" centers on a satellite designer who must head to space to save the world from the potential fallout from a fleet of malfunctioning climate-controlling satellites. Sturgess is to play his estranged brother who has to work together with him, and the one who discovers a plot to assassinate the president.
According to THR, Cornish is set as a Secret Service agent who also happens to be Sturgess' girlfriend. Harris is eyed for the role of the secretary of state while Garcia is to play the president.
Devlin wrote the original script, which was then polished by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. Before taking position behind the lens, Devlin was known as the scriptwriter of 1992's "Universal Solider," 1996's "Independence Day" and 1998's "Godzilla" among others.
Warner Bros. and Skydance are yet to set the film's release date.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed