Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish in Talks to Join Sci-Fi Flick 'Geostorm'
Four actors are in negotiations to join Gerard Butler in sci-fi adventure "Geostorm". Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Ed Harris and Andy Garcia are being lured before the movie starts shooting in New Orleans in October.
A directing debut by Dean Devlin, "Geostorm" centers on a satellite designer who must head to space to save the world from the potential fallout from a fleet of malfunctioning climate-controlling satellites. Sturgess is to play his estranged brother who has to work together with him, and the one who discovers a plot to assassinate the president.
According to THR, Cornish is set as a Secret Service agent who also happens to be Sturgess' girlfriend. Harris is eyed for the role of the secretary of state while Garcia is to play the president.
Devlin wrote the original script, which was then polished by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. Before taking position behind the lens, Devlin was known as the scriptwriter of 1992's "Universal Solider," 1996's "Independence Day" and 1998's "Godzilla" among others.
Warner Bros. and Skydance are yet to set the film's release date.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed