Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish in Talks to Join Sci-Fi Flick 'Geostorm'
Four actors are in negotiations to join Gerard Butler in sci-fi adventure "Geostorm". Jim Sturgess, Abbie Cornish, Ed Harris and Andy Garcia are being lured before the movie starts shooting in New Orleans in October.
A directing debut by Dean Devlin, "Geostorm" centers on a satellite designer who must head to space to save the world from the potential fallout from a fleet of malfunctioning climate-controlling satellites. Sturgess is to play his estranged brother who has to work together with him, and the one who discovers a plot to assassinate the president.
According to THR, Cornish is set as a Secret Service agent who also happens to be Sturgess' girlfriend. Harris is eyed for the role of the secretary of state while Garcia is to play the president.
Devlin wrote the original script, which was then polished by Kieran and Michele Mulroney. Before taking position behind the lens, Devlin was known as the scriptwriter of 1992's "Universal Solider," 1996's "Independence Day" and 1998's "Godzilla" among others.
Warner Bros. and Skydance are yet to set the film's release date.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie