Josh Gracin Checks Into Inpatient Facility After Posting Apparent Suicide Note
Josh Gracin has checked into an inpatient facility to get professional help following a "personal crisis." The "American Idol" finalist scared his family and fans after writing an apparent suicide note on Facebook on Thursday, August 14. In a statement released on the account the next day, Gracin's camp shared that the singer had "voluntarily checked himself into an inpatient facility to seek the help he needs."
The father of four also thanked his fans for their support and apologized to his family. "I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. I take responsibility for my actions and apologize dearly for what I have put my family through. With the help of my family and friends, I am getting help. Again, thank you for your love and I will see you very soon," he said.
Gracin previously hinted at marital problems in his Thursday note. "I've loved her for 17 years ... I made mistakes ... I admitted them, told her the truth and she turned her back on me when I needed her help the most," he wrote. "Please remember me as someone who gave his all in his music ... Pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me. Goodbye." The message has been removed.
Police rushed to the singer's house after a family member noticed the message. Gracin was admitted into a hospital for observation before checking himself into the psychiatric facility.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris