Josh Gracin Checks Into Inpatient Facility After Posting Apparent Suicide Note
Josh Gracin has checked into an inpatient facility to get professional help following a "personal crisis." The "American Idol" finalist scared his family and fans after writing an apparent suicide note on Facebook on Thursday, August 14. In a statement released on the account the next day, Gracin's camp shared that the singer had "voluntarily checked himself into an inpatient facility to seek the help he needs."
The father of four also thanked his fans for their support and apologized to his family. "I want to thank you all for your prayers and support. I take responsibility for my actions and apologize dearly for what I have put my family through. With the help of my family and friends, I am getting help. Again, thank you for your love and I will see you very soon," he said.
Gracin previously hinted at marital problems in his Thursday note. "I've loved her for 17 years ... I made mistakes ... I admitted them, told her the truth and she turned her back on me when I needed her help the most," he wrote. "Please remember me as someone who gave his all in his music ... Pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me. Goodbye." The message has been removed.
Police rushed to the singer's house after a family member noticed the message. Gracin was admitted into a hospital for observation before checking himself into the psychiatric facility.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences