Pierce Brosnan's Louis XIV Fantasy Drama Gets Release Date
Pierce Brosnan-starrer "The Moon and the Sun" has landed at Paramount Pictures. The historical fantasy about Louis XIV will have a wide release on April 10, 2015.
King Louis XIV (Brosnan) is determined to protect the future of France by reigning for all eternity. His search for immortality leads him to capture and steal the life force from a mermaid (Fan Bingbing), but soon his 18-year-old illegitimate daughter (Kaya Scodelario) discovers the mystical creature and strikes up a friendship with her.
The story is based on a novel by fantasy author Vonda N. McIntyre who won the prestigious Nebula Award in 1997 for the work. Sean McNamara directed the film from a script by Laura Harrington.
Made on a budget of $40 million, the movie was shot at Docklands studio, Melbourne, Australia. "I knew if we could get the reality set by shooting in Versailles, we could cheat the rest by stepping from one door in Versailles through another door in Melbourne," producer Bill Mechanic said.
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic