Pierce Brosnan's Louis XIV Fantasy Drama Gets Release Date
Pierce Brosnan-starrer "The Moon and the Sun" has landed at Paramount Pictures. The historical fantasy about Louis XIV will have a wide release on April 10, 2015.
King Louis XIV (Brosnan) is determined to protect the future of France by reigning for all eternity. His search for immortality leads him to capture and steal the life force from a mermaid (Fan Bingbing), but soon his 18-year-old illegitimate daughter (Kaya Scodelario) discovers the mystical creature and strikes up a friendship with her.
The story is based on a novel by fantasy author Vonda N. McIntyre who won the prestigious Nebula Award in 1997 for the work. Sean McNamara directed the film from a script by Laura Harrington.
Made on a budget of $40 million, the movie was shot at Docklands studio, Melbourne, Australia. "I knew if we could get the reality set by shooting in Versailles, we could cheat the rest by stepping from one door in Versailles through another door in Melbourne," producer Bill Mechanic said.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers