Pierce Brosnan's Louis XIV Fantasy Drama Gets Release Date
Pierce Brosnan-starrer "The Moon and the Sun" has landed at Paramount Pictures. The historical fantasy about Louis XIV will have a wide release on April 10, 2015.
King Louis XIV (Brosnan) is determined to protect the future of France by reigning for all eternity. His search for immortality leads him to capture and steal the life force from a mermaid (Fan Bingbing), but soon his 18-year-old illegitimate daughter (Kaya Scodelario) discovers the mystical creature and strikes up a friendship with her.
The story is based on a novel by fantasy author Vonda N. McIntyre who won the prestigious Nebula Award in 1997 for the work. Sean McNamara directed the film from a script by Laura Harrington.
Made on a budget of $40 million, the movie was shot at Docklands studio, Melbourne, Australia. "I knew if we could get the reality set by shooting in Versailles, we could cheat the rest by stepping from one door in Versailles through another door in Melbourne," producer Bill Mechanic said.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones