Pierce Brosnan's Louis XIV Fantasy Drama Gets Release Date
Pierce Brosnan-starrer "The Moon and the Sun" has landed at Paramount Pictures. The historical fantasy about Louis XIV will have a wide release on April 10, 2015.
King Louis XIV (Brosnan) is determined to protect the future of France by reigning for all eternity. His search for immortality leads him to capture and steal the life force from a mermaid (Fan Bingbing), but soon his 18-year-old illegitimate daughter (Kaya Scodelario) discovers the mystical creature and strikes up a friendship with her.
The story is based on a novel by fantasy author Vonda N. McIntyre who won the prestigious Nebula Award in 1997 for the work. Sean McNamara directed the film from a script by Laura Harrington.
Made on a budget of $40 million, the movie was shot at Docklands studio, Melbourne, Australia. "I knew if we could get the reality set by shooting in Versailles, we could cheat the rest by stepping from one door in Versailles through another door in Melbourne," producer Bill Mechanic said.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle