Pierce Brosnan's Louis XIV Fantasy Drama Gets Release Date
Pierce Brosnan-starrer "The Moon and the Sun" has landed at Paramount Pictures. The historical fantasy about Louis XIV will have a wide release on April 10, 2015.
King Louis XIV (Brosnan) is determined to protect the future of France by reigning for all eternity. His search for immortality leads him to capture and steal the life force from a mermaid (Fan Bingbing), but soon his 18-year-old illegitimate daughter (Kaya Scodelario) discovers the mystical creature and strikes up a friendship with her.
The story is based on a novel by fantasy author Vonda N. McIntyre who won the prestigious Nebula Award in 1997 for the work. Sean McNamara directed the film from a script by Laura Harrington.
Made on a budget of $40 million, the movie was shot at Docklands studio, Melbourne, Australia. "I knew if we could get the reality set by shooting in Versailles, we could cheat the rest by stepping from one door in Versailles through another door in Melbourne," producer Bill Mechanic said.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed