Ariana Grande: 'My Mom Thought I Might Grow Up to Be a Serial Killer'
Ariana Grande opens up about her childhood in an interview with Billboard magazine for their latest issue. The "Problem" singer, who now lives in L.A., reveals that she was "a very weird little girl" growing up in Boca Raton, Fla.
She tells the magazine about her childhood, "Dark and deranged. I always wanted to have skeleton face paint on or be wearing a Freddy Krueger mask, and I would carry a hockey stick around. I was like a mini-Helena Bonham Carter."
Ariana continues, "For my fifth birthday party we had a 'Jaws' theme and all my friends left crying. I mean, I still am that way. But when I was little it was more concerning. There was a stage, when I was 3 or 4, where my mom thought I might grow up to be a serial killer."
She reveals that she's "hypoglycemic." Ariana adds, "Sometimes I'll get anxious if I forget to eat. When I was a little girl, I would turn into the Tasmanian devil." The "Sam & Cat" alum claims she is "a micromanaging workhorse" and "absolutely an obsessive-compulsive workaholic."
The "Break Free" singer was raised Catholic but she says she "departed from that and started practicing my own things when I was around 12 years old." Ariana reveals now she practices Kabbalah just like her idol, Madonna. "As a fellow Kabbalist, I know how hard it is to exercise those tools in your everyday life," she explains. "Especially in a world where everything is so egocentric and all you do is talk about yourself and promote yourself."
More Ariana Grande News
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video
- Linkin Park Cancels Tour in the Wake of Chester Bennington's Tragic Death
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child