Ariana Grande: 'My Mom Thought I Might Grow Up to Be a Serial Killer'
Ariana Grande opens up about her childhood in an interview with Billboard magazine for their latest issue. The "Problem" singer, who now lives in L.A., reveals that she was "a very weird little girl" growing up in Boca Raton, Fla.
She tells the magazine about her childhood, "Dark and deranged. I always wanted to have skeleton face paint on or be wearing a Freddy Krueger mask, and I would carry a hockey stick around. I was like a mini-Helena Bonham Carter."
Ariana continues, "For my fifth birthday party we had a 'Jaws' theme and all my friends left crying. I mean, I still am that way. But when I was little it was more concerning. There was a stage, when I was 3 or 4, where my mom thought I might grow up to be a serial killer."
She reveals that she's "hypoglycemic." Ariana adds, "Sometimes I'll get anxious if I forget to eat. When I was a little girl, I would turn into the Tasmanian devil." The "Sam & Cat" alum claims she is "a micromanaging workhorse" and "absolutely an obsessive-compulsive workaholic."
The "Break Free" singer was raised Catholic but she says she "departed from that and started practicing my own things when I was around 12 years old." Ariana reveals now she practices Kabbalah just like her idol, Madonna. "As a fellow Kabbalist, I know how hard it is to exercise those tools in your everyday life," she explains. "Especially in a world where everything is so egocentric and all you do is talk about yourself and promote yourself."
More Ariana Grande News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby