Juliette Lewis Shines as Rocker-Turned-Mom in 'Kelly and Cal' Trailer
IFC Films has released the first trailer of "Kelly & Cal". The film was premiered at the SXSW festival earlier this year, starring Juliette Lewis in the lead role of a punk-rocker turned suburban mom.
Kelly is nostalgic for a life she can no longer have and uncertain of a future she doesn't yet fit in. Seventeen-year-old Cal is frustrated at his lack of control over the hand he's been dealt. When the two strike up an unlikely friendship, it's the perfect spark needed to thrust them both back to life.
"I describe it as a person at a turning point in her life, who has an unlikely friendship with somebody who lives across the street that borders on inappropriate. It's the navigation of past, present and future, and the confusion of finding a new plateau," Lewis told the Huffington Post in March.
"Juliette Lewis delivers a brilliant performance in 'Kelly & Cal' and I think fans around the world will consider this one of the best roles she has played," said Electric's Head of International Distribution, Sonia Mehandjiyska, when acquiring the distribution rights to the film after SXSW.
A feature film debut by Jen McGowan, "Kelly & Cal" will be released in limited theaters on September 5. Jonny Weston stars as Cal.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role