Juliette Lewis Shines as Rocker-Turned-Mom in 'Kelly and Cal' Trailer
IFC Films has released the first trailer of "Kelly & Cal". The film was premiered at the SXSW festival earlier this year, starring Juliette Lewis in the lead role of a punk-rocker turned suburban mom.
Kelly is nostalgic for a life she can no longer have and uncertain of a future she doesn't yet fit in. Seventeen-year-old Cal is frustrated at his lack of control over the hand he's been dealt. When the two strike up an unlikely friendship, it's the perfect spark needed to thrust them both back to life.
"I describe it as a person at a turning point in her life, who has an unlikely friendship with somebody who lives across the street that borders on inappropriate. It's the navigation of past, present and future, and the confusion of finding a new plateau," Lewis told the Huffington Post in March.
"Juliette Lewis delivers a brilliant performance in 'Kelly & Cal' and I think fans around the world will consider this one of the best roles she has played," said Electric's Head of International Distribution, Sonia Mehandjiyska, when acquiring the distribution rights to the film after SXSW.
A feature film debut by Jen McGowan, "Kelly & Cal" will be released in limited theaters on September 5. Jonny Weston stars as Cal.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia