Robin Williams Last Photographed at an Art Gallery Before His Suicide
Robin Williams went to an art gallery with his wife Susan Schneider two days before his shocking death at the age of 63. On Saturday night, August 9, Williams was photographed at an art gallery in the San Francisco Bay Area. The photos, which are believed to be the beloved actor's final images, show him wearing an all-black outfit.
Local artist Mark Jaeger told TMZ that the "Good Will Hunting" star seemed to be in good spirits and laughing frequently. Williams was at the reception for one hour, talking about a possible script for Jaeger's "superhero sculpture series" with him and spoke to Jaeger's students. The artist said Williams was not drinking.
The Oscar-winning actor took his life on Monday, August 11. In a statement on Thursday, his widow revealed that Williams was diagnosed with an early stage of Parkinson's disease in addition to depression. "It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid," she said in a statement.
Michael J. Fox, who received the same diagnosis in the 1990s, said that he was "stunned" following the revelation. "Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our [foundation] predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace," the actor tweeted. Fox founded Michael J. Fox Foundation in 2000 which aims at helping find the cure to the degenerative disease by funding researches.
More Robin Williams News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed