Robin Williams Last Photographed at an Art Gallery Before His Suicide
Robin Williams went to an art gallery with his wife Susan Schneider two days before his shocking death at the age of 63. On Saturday night, August 9, Williams was photographed at an art gallery in the San Francisco Bay Area. The photos, which are believed to be the beloved actor's final images, show him wearing an all-black outfit.
Local artist Mark Jaeger told TMZ that the "Good Will Hunting" star seemed to be in good spirits and laughing frequently. Williams was at the reception for one hour, talking about a possible script for Jaeger's "superhero sculpture series" with him and spoke to Jaeger's students. The artist said Williams was not drinking.
The Oscar-winning actor took his life on Monday, August 11. In a statement on Thursday, his widow revealed that Williams was diagnosed with an early stage of Parkinson's disease in addition to depression. "It is our hope in the wake of Robin's tragic passing that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid," she said in a statement.
Michael J. Fox, who received the same diagnosis in the 1990s, said that he was "stunned" following the revelation. "Stunned to learn Robin had PD. Pretty sure his support for our [foundation] predated his diagnosis. A true friend; I wish him peace," the actor tweeted. Fox founded Michael J. Fox Foundation in 2000 which aims at helping find the cure to the degenerative disease by funding researches.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen