OWN to Air Robin Williams Episodes on 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
OWN joins the ranks of networks that pay tribute to the late Robin Williams. The cable channel will be airing two specials from its syndicated talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to honor the legendary funnyman this weekend.
Williams had appeared on the talk show 14 times and OWN will air two of them. On Sunday, August 17 at 7 P.M., the network will present his first in-studio appearance from 1988. During the episode "a candid Williams ...shares deeply personal stories about filming 'Good Morning, Vietnam', his early childhood and more."
In the next hour, OWN will air the 1991 interview in which the "actor opens up to Oprah about everything from drug abuse, what being married to him is like, fatherhood, working on the feature films 'The Fisher King' and 'Dead Poet's Society', his creative inspiration and his thoughts on aging and turning 40."
Williams was nominated for Oscars in all three aforementioned movies. The actor died of suspected suicide by hanging himself with belt on Monday, August 11 in his San Fransisco home.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child