OWN to Air Robin Williams Episodes on 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
OWN joins the ranks of networks that pay tribute to the late Robin Williams. The cable channel will be airing two specials from its syndicated talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to honor the legendary funnyman this weekend.
Williams had appeared on the talk show 14 times and OWN will air two of them. On Sunday, August 17 at 7 P.M., the network will present his first in-studio appearance from 1988. During the episode "a candid Williams ...shares deeply personal stories about filming 'Good Morning, Vietnam', his early childhood and more."
In the next hour, OWN will air the 1991 interview in which the "actor opens up to Oprah about everything from drug abuse, what being married to him is like, fatherhood, working on the feature films 'The Fisher King' and 'Dead Poet's Society', his creative inspiration and his thoughts on aging and turning 40."
Williams was nominated for Oscars in all three aforementioned movies. The actor died of suspected suicide by hanging himself with belt on Monday, August 11 in his San Fransisco home.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle