OWN to Air Robin Williams Episodes on 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
OWN joins the ranks of networks that pay tribute to the late Robin Williams. The cable channel will be airing two specials from its syndicated talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to honor the legendary funnyman this weekend.
Williams had appeared on the talk show 14 times and OWN will air two of them. On Sunday, August 17 at 7 P.M., the network will present his first in-studio appearance from 1988. During the episode "a candid Williams ...shares deeply personal stories about filming 'Good Morning, Vietnam', his early childhood and more."
In the next hour, OWN will air the 1991 interview in which the "actor opens up to Oprah about everything from drug abuse, what being married to him is like, fatherhood, working on the feature films 'The Fisher King' and 'Dead Poet's Society', his creative inspiration and his thoughts on aging and turning 40."
Williams was nominated for Oscars in all three aforementioned movies. The actor died of suspected suicide by hanging himself with belt on Monday, August 11 in his San Fransisco home.
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship