Nikki Sixx Calls Out Gene Simmons Over Depression and Suicide Comments
Gene Simmons has launched more controversial comments. This time, the KISS member talked about depression and suicide during a Q&A session on SongFacts, urging people who are addicted to drugs and dealing with depression to just "kill yourself." Nikki Sixx, who battled drug addiction in the past, slammed Simmons for his insensitive comments during his Sixx Sense radio show.
"It's pretty moronic because he thinks everybody listens to him, that he is the god of thunder. He will tell you he is the greatest man on earth, and to be honest with you, I like Gene. But in this situation, I don't like Gene. I don't like Gene's words, because ... there is a 20-year-old kid out there who is a KISS fan and reads this and goes, 'You know what? He's right. I should just kill myself,' " the Motley Crue bassist said.
"For people who are depressed there is a way out. There are many, many ways out. I don't want people to listen to an interview from a rock star, who's telling you the only way out is out," he continued. "All bad things will pass. Keep that in the back of your mind if you are feeling depression and don't listen to [someone] who doesn't know what he's talking about."
Simmons made the comments as he answered a question about his band. Simmons replied, "No, I don't get along with anybody who's a drug addict and has a dark cloud over their head and sees themselves as a victim. Drug addicts and alcoholics are always: 'The world is a harsh place.' "
"My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don't want to hear f**k all about 'the world as a harsh place.' She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life. And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed, I live in Seattle.' F**k you, then kill yourself," he added.
"I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to jump.' Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it. Shut the f**k up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd. By the way, you walk up to the same guy on a ledge who threatens to jump and put a gun to his head, 'I'm going to blow your f**kin' head off.' He'll go, 'Please don't.' It's true. He's not that insane," Simmons said further.
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park