Tom Hanks Launches Typewriter App 'Hanx'
Tom Hanks has launched an application for iPad. The "Captain Phillips" actor recently released a typewriter app called "Hanx Writer" which gives the visual and feels of the old typewriter. He worked with Hitcents for the app which is available for free download on Apple store. Additional themes are available for $2.99 each.
"I wanted the sound of typing if nothing else... cause I find it's like music that spurs along the creative urge. Bang bang clack-clack-clack puckapuckapuckapucka...," he said of his inspiration to make the app in a Q&A session on Twitter. Unlike the old-school typewriter, the app also features delete button.
"What's pleasing to my sensibilities is when you have the report of the key being struck; it allows for clear thinking," he told USA Today. "I suppose some people who get the app may just be looking for a different sound, but really, it's for people searching for a more personalized experience when writing on an iPad."
"There's also the opportunity here to take your iPad to a coffee house and be really obnoxious with all the clickety-clacking," said the actor whose typewriter collection once reached 200.
More Tom Hanks News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!