Tom Hanks Launches Typewriter App 'Hanx'
Tom Hanks has launched an application for iPad. The "Captain Phillips" actor recently released a typewriter app called "Hanx Writer" which gives the visual and feels of the old typewriter. He worked with Hitcents for the app which is available for free download on Apple store. Additional themes are available for $2.99 each.
"I wanted the sound of typing if nothing else... cause I find it's like music that spurs along the creative urge. Bang bang clack-clack-clack puckapuckapuckapucka...," he said of his inspiration to make the app in a Q&A session on Twitter. Unlike the old-school typewriter, the app also features delete button.
"What's pleasing to my sensibilities is when you have the report of the key being struck; it allows for clear thinking," he told USA Today. "I suppose some people who get the app may just be looking for a different sound, but really, it's for people searching for a more personalized experience when writing on an iPad."
"There's also the opportunity here to take your iPad to a coffee house and be really obnoxious with all the clickety-clacking," said the actor whose typewriter collection once reached 200.
More Tom Hanks News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday