Tom Hanks Launches Typewriter App 'Hanx'
Tom Hanks has launched an application for iPad. The "Captain Phillips" actor recently released a typewriter app called "Hanx Writer" which gives the visual and feels of the old typewriter. He worked with Hitcents for the app which is available for free download on Apple store. Additional themes are available for $2.99 each.
"I wanted the sound of typing if nothing else... cause I find it's like music that spurs along the creative urge. Bang bang clack-clack-clack puckapuckapuckapucka...," he said of his inspiration to make the app in a Q&A session on Twitter. Unlike the old-school typewriter, the app also features delete button.
"What's pleasing to my sensibilities is when you have the report of the key being struck; it allows for clear thinking," he told USA Today. "I suppose some people who get the app may just be looking for a different sound, but really, it's for people searching for a more personalized experience when writing on an iPad."
"There's also the opportunity here to take your iPad to a coffee house and be really obnoxious with all the clickety-clacking," said the actor whose typewriter collection once reached 200.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes