Tom Hanks Launches Typewriter App 'Hanx'
Tom Hanks has launched an application for iPad. The "Captain Phillips" actor recently released a typewriter app called "Hanx Writer" which gives the visual and feels of the old typewriter. He worked with Hitcents for the app which is available for free download on Apple store. Additional themes are available for $2.99 each.
"I wanted the sound of typing if nothing else... cause I find it's like music that spurs along the creative urge. Bang bang clack-clack-clack puckapuckapuckapucka...," he said of his inspiration to make the app in a Q&A session on Twitter. Unlike the old-school typewriter, the app also features delete button.
"What's pleasing to my sensibilities is when you have the report of the key being struck; it allows for clear thinking," he told USA Today. "I suppose some people who get the app may just be looking for a different sound, but really, it's for people searching for a more personalized experience when writing on an iPad."
"There's also the opportunity here to take your iPad to a coffee house and be really obnoxious with all the clickety-clacking," said the actor whose typewriter collection once reached 200.
More Tom Hanks News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune