Tom Hanks Launches Typewriter App 'Hanx'
Tom Hanks has launched an application for iPad. The "Captain Phillips" actor recently released a typewriter app called "Hanx Writer" which gives the visual and feels of the old typewriter. He worked with Hitcents for the app which is available for free download on Apple store. Additional themes are available for $2.99 each.
"I wanted the sound of typing if nothing else... cause I find it's like music that spurs along the creative urge. Bang bang clack-clack-clack puckapuckapuckapucka...," he said of his inspiration to make the app in a Q&A session on Twitter. Unlike the old-school typewriter, the app also features delete button.
"What's pleasing to my sensibilities is when you have the report of the key being struck; it allows for clear thinking," he told USA Today. "I suppose some people who get the app may just be looking for a different sound, but really, it's for people searching for a more personalized experience when writing on an iPad."
"There's also the opportunity here to take your iPad to a coffee house and be really obnoxious with all the clickety-clacking," said the actor whose typewriter collection once reached 200.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair